Small World Town - Etni

Tora Olafsdotter

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
I am planning to get a third copy of the game soon. As in possibly this Friday. However I want to plan out my villagers before I get it. I have already decided on a theme. I will be doing a "Ethnicities of the World" theme. In this theme I will be putting up lots of PWPs like the Windmill and the Sphinx. In addition I want to have villagers like Pekoe and Ankha for this town. So far I have picked out:

Pekoe - Normal - Chinese
Ankha - Snooty - Egyptian
Cherry - Tomboy - American or British

Any other suggestions for villagers. Also, who should my humans be? In addition, what should I call it? I really want it to fit in with the pun names of my other two towns. Any ideas for a pun name that fits?

Edit: Sorry for the odd name of the thread. I stopped part way through "Small World Town - Ethnicities themed town." was what I intended to call the thread

Last edited:
Well, Apollo is pretty American to me. Cousteau and Marcel are french, Kabuki, Sanke, Ken, or Genji are Japanese, Avery has a Native American/Aztec design, any Kangaroo or Koala is Australian, Savannah is Ethiopian/Kenyan, Hans is northern European, Vladimir is Russian, and Klaus is German. There's probably more, but that's all I could come up with quickly, lol.

As for human villagers, it would be pretty easy to do a Japanese, Polynesain, Swiss Chalet, or Italian style houses and characters.

For a town name the only pun I can think of is Globe-Alley(Globally), but that's too long. If I think of one I'll let you know though!

Last edited:
Avery - Native America/Aztec
Genji, Clay, Marcel, Kabuki, Zucker - Japanese
Gaston, Jacques, Cousteau - French
Lucha - Mexican
Lucky - Egyptian
Tia - Based on a teapot so she could be British or even like Thai or another asian country. Basically where tea is common.

It's funny how Marcel's interior is japanese based when his name, catchphrase, and appearance are all french, lol.

Other villagers could be Erik who could be Canadian or Siberian, Bonbon, who is another possible French character, Vic, Freya, and Friga could all be from Norway.

That's a very interesting and original town theme, congrats!
I suppose you'll also create sections over the town, like placing the spinx and pyramid near Ankha's house and such? It'll look great! Maybe place some QR code flags to make it even clearer! :)
There's been a lot of good suggestions for villagers already - maybe you should pick a location first and then find a villager that fits it, since you want to go global it's better if at least all 5 continents are represented, 2 by each villager. You already have one Asia, one Europe (I feel like Cherry is more british than american) and one Africa, now go from there~ :)

It's funny how Marcel's interior is japanese based when his name, catchphrase, and appearance are all french, lol.

Other villagers could be Erik who could be Canadian or Siberian, Bonbon, who is another possible French character, Vic, Freya, and Friga could all be from Norway.

I put Marcel under Japanese (I didnt even see his house lol) cause the wiki says "His face resembles that of the robot cat Doraemon, a famous children's manga character." So I figured it was more Kabuki theatre make up :) Maybe a frenchman in Japan lol

Frita could be your American plug, since she looks like French fries & a hamburger.

as for your humans, you could design their houses to look like different culture?s restaurants. like a sushi bar, Irish pub, Mexican restaurant, & barbecue joint?

Last edited:
I think I have come up with a name. How do you guys feel about the name 'Unity' since it unites many ethnicities.. While it's not a pun, I feel it sounds like a nice name for a town.

Alright. So far from suggestions I have chosen:

Clay - Lazy - Japanese
Frita - Tomboy - America
Lucha - Flamboyant - Mexico
Lyman - Jock - Australia (Starter)
Tia - Normal - India

As for another one I am adding to the line up....I was thinking about Apollo as my Cranky, but finally finding a town game me something I really thought would be perfect for a France villager. I remember a let's play by Chuggaaconroy, and one of his villagers was a complete jerk, and even now when he decided to revisit the LP to cover the Welcome amiibo update (his current LP at the time of posting this), this guy is still being a pest. I love this character's design and while he has a Japanese design due to his Daruma-like design, his name is very much french. So meet mister "Nice to meet ya....as if!" himself, Croque!

So that makes:

Pekoe - Normal - Chinese
Cherry - Tomboy - British
Clay - Lazy - Japanese
Frita - Tomboy - American
Lucha - Flamboyant - Mexican
Lyman - Jock - Australian (Starter)
Croque - Cranky - French
Tia - Normal - Indian (India not Native Americans)

All that leaves is the need for a peppy. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Ketchup for Italia?
Tammi for Madagascar?
Tutu for North Pole?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh, and just saying - Margie is another normal elephant and IMO she fits India waaay better than Tia, as Tia looks like a fancy rococo tea pot, so more British. Margie is an indian elephant (her japanese name is even Sari, the traditional indian dress) and her house is more exotic too~

Ketchup for Italia?
Tammi for Madagascar?
Tutu for North Pole?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh, and just saying - Margie is another normal elephant and IMO she fits India waaay better than Tia, as Tia looks like a fancy rococo tea pot, so more British. Margie is an indian elephant (her japanese name is even Sari, the traditional indian dress) and her house is more exotic too~

I don't really need a second normal. I had picked out Tia because well....I needed something, and if I remember correctly India is famous for tea....I think. Not sure if I would like Margie though.

Also. Tammi is perfect! I may swap out Tia for a second of a male personality. While I don't want to do a repeat species....I might just take Lucky to go with Ankha. Or maybe Tucker the Mammoth to represent a cold country like Russia or Siberia. I also saw suggestions about Erik for Canada.

I am not really sure. So many countries I could find villagers to represent....sometimes 10 villagers is annoying.

I don't really need a second normal. I had picked out Tia because well....I needed something, and if I remember correctly India is famous for tea....I think. Not sure if I would like Margie though.

Also. Tammi is perfect! I may swap out Tia for a second of a male personality. While I don't want to do a repeat species....I might just take Lucky to go with Ankha. Or maybe Tucker the Mammoth to represent a cold country like Russia or Siberia. I also saw suggestions about Erik for Canada.

I am not really sure. So many countries I could find villagers to represent....sometimes 10 villagers is annoying.

Margie is a real sweetie and I'm sure you'd like her :D My suggestion was swapping up Tia and Putting Margie on her place, so with Pekoe you would have 2 normals either way. :)
With only 8 personalities is also impossible not to repeat at least one, too. x)

It's true, 10 is a very small number... hopefully they'll expand the number in later games. :)

Margie is a real sweetie and I'm sure you'd like her :D My suggestion was swapping up Tia and Putting Margie on her place, so with Pekoe you would have 2 normals either way. :)
With only 8 personalities is also impossible not to repeat at least one, too. x)

It's true, 10 is a very small number... hopefully they'll expand the number in later games. :)

By repeat I meant as in repeat of a species like a cat or a dog, not a personality. That is why I am a bit hesitant about possibly picking Lucky as I already have Cherry planned.

As for why I am not sure if I want a second normal is because I already have two of a female personality planned, Tomboy/Uchi. I am not sure if I want to have 5 boys and 5 girls or 4 boys and 6 girls. I am not really sure, as there are so many good villagers.

Last edited:
Mayor Ruby Takes Office.jpg

Forgot to post this. The tree ceremony.

I have yet to make the decision of the final villager, but right now the plan is:

Pekoe - Normal - Chinese
Cherry - Tomboy - British
Clay - Lazy - Japanese
Frita - Tomboy - American
Lucha - Flamboyant - Mexican
Lyman - Jock - Australian (Starter) (Might swap for Eugene)
Croque - Cranky - French (Starter)
Tammi - Peppy - Madagascar

After alot of thought, I have decided that I want to keep the amount of males and females balanced. Since I have every personality, I don't need to worry about that. Who should I take as the final resident? I have narrowed it down to the following:

Lucky - Lazy - Egypt
Rory - Jock - African Savannah (I'll swap Lyman for Eugene if I go with this)
Rex - Lazy - African Savannah
Rowan - Jock - Siberia (I'll swap Lyman for Eugene if I go with this)
Tucker - Lazy - Russia/Siberia/somewhere cold honestly
Erik - Lazy - Canada

Last edited:
Back