• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Borrowing Tools in a Dream Town

LemonInator

The duck lover
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Tasty Cake
Red Cosmos
Yellow Cosmos
Winter Mittens
So does anyone actually use this feature, because to me this seems a bit useless considering that everything except designs disappear after you return to the real world.

No, I never used them. As you pointed out you don't get to keep anything for the record other than designs and dream town visits towards the badge so...

Probably when a HaCkEr goes overboard with tree etc

Id never go overboard doe.

just for helping people find fossils and ore rocks they can't find on their own basically

Its probably just for fun in case anyone wants to use them they can. And also because sometimes people go way overboard with their towns and make them too crowded. I've been in towns that have been so hard to navigate because of all the trees and bushes that I've had to use shovels and axes.

Last edited:
Sometimes people like to bury objects, and digging them up uncovers more of the story behind a town. I remember one town had a bunch of gravestones placed, and digging up the objects buried in front of them told you whose grave it was.

There was another dream town that was a giant murder mystery game, with objects needed to solve whodunit hidden throughout the town. The axe and shovel were necessary for it.

So while it's not needed in every dream town it is a nice feature that can be used creatively for some cool stuff! Granted, you can also leave out tools for the dreamer to use, but it's nice that the feature is there.

What voldecourt said, plus I've sometimes used the ax in tree filled towns and had a field day! :D Since nothing you do matters in the dream world, you can tear through flowers and destroy as many trees as you want ;)

Other than that and the occasional shovel use, though, the tools are basically useless

Last edited:
There's also always aesthetic and photo ops! Let's say the person left out the explorer's outfit, and their town had a jungle vibe. You could use the net to take some pretty cool pictures of yourself. Same with a fishing rod and sea-themed towns.

Still not all that useful, I guess. But it's something, lol.

Back