• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

I dont see the point in having more than one player

piercedhorizon

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Red Cosmos
Red Cosmos
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
Red Rose
White Rose
I dont see the point in making more people to have different houses with. Why do people choose to?

a lot of people do it for qrs, but i have multiple characters bc i really like designing houses, and i don't ever want to change rooms up in my mayor's house :')

My main town of Salem only has my mayor, and I plan to keep it that way. My secondary town, Hollowyn, has 4 characters, and I use the extra ones to create theme homes.

At first, I made a 2nd character for flower storage. But as I went on, I found so many extra powers I had from having 2 characters:

-2 visits to Katrina each day her tent appears, making it faster to unlock the Fortune telling works project.
-2 visits to Harvey's RV's, getting me more items.
-2 visits to K.K. each Saturday, making it easier to complete my music collection.
-2 requests for furniture by villagers, making it a little easier to customize their home interiors.
-2 Saharah Makeovers for getting more rare wallpapers
-2 Chances at Redd's Gallery, for days he may have 2 genuine artworks.
-A whole new house to expand and create rooms in.
-I get to role play as my second villager, and have fun being a different personality with my villagers and other players.
-An opportunity to get an extra set of rare items, such as Golden Tools, Post Office awards (piggy bank, etc.), Game console awards, etc.
-Extra Path Patterns (Although I never needed them).
-A way to trick the game into spawning more Jacob's Ladders, simply by having the second character 'hide' the ones you got in their storage, and your mayor character always the one to start up the game each day.

There's probably even more to get from having a second character, but there indeed are lots of great uses for them! :)

I use my extra characters for pathes and storage. Nothing more I could say what to use on them.

they're used so multiple people can use the same system, a.k.a their own character.

Seriously guys? It isn't hard.

I sometimes create a new character when I came up with a idea of a character and how I could
decorate his/her house. Having alternative characters also makes the town a little bit more lively
in my opinion (at least my towns doesn't look then so empty when there are more houses around).

I have two additional characters for the following reasons:

1) extra storage
2) extra rooms to display furniture
3) unlock Katrina quicker
4) extra golden tools
5) have a different gender to play dress up

It's not too difficult to understand and appreciate the advantages of extra characters.

I like the look of the starter tent you get for any new character but since I don't want my mayor living in that small space, I set up a new character. The tent goes pretty well with my town theme too.

Extra character is great for the qr space. But I've always been super lazy decorating the house of one.

I thought about after for storage space but I guess I just desire that much stuff in animal crossing. I only like to have items that I want and use in my house & when I want to redesign my house I just buy from here ll

Back