• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Did I just get my town back?

Whisboi

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Tasty Cake
I just ordered a used copy of Animal Crossing- the original one, for old time's sake. I put the disc in and I expected it to start from the beginning, but Jambette greeted me. The playable characters were named the same names as my brother and cousin. I walked around town and noticed lots of familiar villagers- Mint, Kiki (who lived on the hill like I remember), Cookie, and Rio. My brother remembered Opal when I didn't, and she was there, too. After all this, I realized we had problems playing old games because we didn't have save data on the memory card. But this just loaded up a town. Did we just get our town back?????

Gamecube games do not save to the disc. Are you sure this wasn't already on your memory card?

Pretty sure you still had your town still on your memory card. I kind of feel bad for the villagers that waited for you for probably 20 years for you to return

Back