I hate choosing a new map.

TangledBowties

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Tasty Cake
I finally got a second copy of AC:NL but choosing a map is impossible. I always come across one I kind like but then I say "I could find something better" Or PONDS. So many ponds on all of the maps I'm getting. Smh.

Ugh. Imaging my frustration when I got 10 maps in a row (2 and a half resets btw) that had horrible tiny strips of land next to the train tracks. Seriously the river should just be in the middle of town.

Ugh. Imaging my frustration when I got 10 maps in a row (2 and a half resets btw) that had horrible tiny strips of land next to the train tracks. Seriously the river should just be in the middle of town.

Exactly! I also hate when you find a really nice map and then there is a rock in a terrible place. I found a good one not too long ago but there was a rock right in front of the train station!

Exactly! I also hate when you find a really nice map and then there is a rock in a terrible place. I found a good one not too long ago but there was a rock right in front of the train station!

Yeah those suck. Luckily after 3 days of resetting, I finally got a map that gave me two villagers I wanted (Rory and Rolf), and the ability to reset for a peppy (Flora). In addition I got apples, my second favorite fruit option. I have the date set to Oct 15th right now, just so I can get my move ins quick. After that NO time traveling. I don't want Gargaros to be mad at me.

However....I still have my second copy to set up on........ughhhh. This one took me three days of resetting to get! Hopeful, when I get a third copy things will not be so bad.

Yeah those suck. Luckily after 3 days of resetting, I finally got a map that gave me two villagers I wanted (Rory and Rolf), and the ability to reset for a peppy (Flora). In addition I got apples, my second favorite fruit option. I have the date set to Oct 15th right now, just so I can get my move ins quick. After that NO time traveling. I don't want Gargaros to be mad at me.

However....I still have my second copy to set up on........ughhhh. This one took me three days of resetting to get! Hopeful, when I get a third copy things will not be so bad.

I don't think I could spend 3 days resetting. I'd eventually cave and just take a decent map. I also don't mind who my starting villagers are as long as I can get the ones I don't like out quick.

I finally got a second copy of AC:NL but choosing a map is impossible. I always come across one I kind like but then I say "I could find something better" Or PONDS. So many ponds on all of the maps I'm getting. Smh.

For a while Rover was refusing to give me a map with less than 4 ponds. It was so frustrating. OR a townhall right next to the campgrounds (I did not want that yet he gave a lot of maps with that)

This drove me insane when I was trying to pick a town for my second copy.

I would find so many maps that were ALMOST perfect, but it took forever for me to find one that I truly loved 100%... Even then I discovered that some god forsaken rock was placed somewhere that ruined everything so woo! : ))))

Last edited:
all this resetting...you guys are dedicated lol. I just picked from the first group rover gave me and stuck with it

all this resetting...you guys are dedicated lol. I just picked from the first group rover gave me and stuck with it

I would never be able to do that. I'm still resetting now to find a map. Been at it for 2hrs now I believe.

- - - Post Merge - - -

For a while Rover was refusing to give me a map with less than 4 ponds. It was so frustrating. OR a townhall right next to the campgrounds (I did not want that yet he gave a lot of maps with that)

I know. I've found a few really nice maps but they just have so many ponds I don't think I could deal with it.

I've had trouble picking maps, it gets harder when you have several towns, as you tend to want a native fruit that you don't already have.

I've just set one town up, and all the maps Rover showed were terrible, well they were in my eyes.
I wanted a direct mainly vertical route between dock & ReTail. Plus a mainly vertical river - I've 2 towns that have mainly horizontal rivers and balloons often route themselves over it so I miss a lot.
I don't mind those narrow tracks of land by the railway - find them useful for alt houses & PWPs incl the reset centre.

I always find it difficult to gage the number of rocks & whether they will be in the way or not - the town I've just set up has 7 or 8 rocks (I don't know for sure!) some are in really awkward places, but the rest of the map is good, so I'll work round them.
I've never found a perfect map, I always compromise.

Last edited:
I also have trouble finding a map I like. Whenever I started a new town, I mostly searched for hours
and couldn't find one I like. And when I think that I finally found one, I checked out the town and then
saw something which bothers me and reset again. After a while, I'm just happy when I find a map which
is 80-90% fine, because the search for the 100% perfect map became too boring for me.

To be honest, when I played this game for the very first time, I also pick just a map from the first
4 maps Rover suggest me and stuck with it, because I didn't knew that if you start the game again,
Rover suggest you 4 new maps. After I found this out, my never ending problem with the resetting
started, lol.

Took me about 6 days to find a good map. Unfortunately villagers ruined it by moving into terrible spots lol.

I know the feeling! I decided to start up my second copy yesterday as well. It took a few hours on and off but I found a map I really like finally. Kinda wish it was my main town now but it will get there eventually. I kept finding maps with ridiculous amounts of ponds or rivers that twist and turn so much it would make me dizzy haha. It's worth it though once you find that perfect map!!

I know the feeling! I decided to start up my second copy yesterday as well. It took a few hours on and off but I found a map I really like finally. Kinda wish it was my main town now but it will get there eventually. I kept finding maps with ridiculous amounts of ponds or rivers that twist and turn so much it would make me dizzy haha. It's worth it though once you find that perfect map!!

I finally found a nap last night. I'm honestly not into plot resetting that much so I'm hoping villagers will plot in decent spots.

I reset twice or three times I think? But I was new to ACNL and was only looking for fruit and villagers lol. I have too many memories with my town now though to ever reset it; plus I actually kind of like the map I ended up getting.

Back