• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

How loyal are you to Nintendo?

Not loyal at all. The selection of quality games on their consoles is pretty poor, with most of the quality releases being first party. Pokemon which at one time would be one of the main reasons I'd get their consoles has gone down a lot in my estimation, particularly because of X/Y and Sun/Moon - X/Y weren't necessarily bad, just I felt they really did need more content to offer post game. Then there's Mario which a decade ago I did really enjoy, they don't seem to have really done anything different with it, in fact I feel like they've just simplified it more. And also, the Zelda series leaves me underwhelmed, perhaps it's that I never played it when I was younger so there's no nostalgia to drive me on, but I don't really see why it gets the hype that it does, it's not bad, just nothing really special.

So really, the only games that I'd specifically buy a Nintendo console for are Animal Crossing and Monster Hunter. But since Monster Hunter will be coming to PC now, I doubt I will be buying the Switch or any successor the 3DS if it is made. That said, I did really enjoy Bravely Default too, but not sure if I'd buy another console to play it. Sadly, 95% of what I want to play is on PC, and I can get for ?20 less(sometimes less) than the counterpart on Nintendo consoles, as well as having higher fidelity because of the old-gen hardware Nintendo insist on using.

I'm in an open relationship with Nintendo. Sometimes I play the playstation or on the pc. (sims for life) Nintendo is my main squeeze though. It's mostly certain series that keep me interested in Nintendo consoles. Harvest Moon, Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem, to name the most important ones.

Pretty much all Nintendo, because I suck at a lot of video games. Haha. I own my Wii and Nintendo 3DS. Have the most games from those. I do have an old PS2, but I don't have it for Crazy Taxi and Harry Potter games. And I play the Sims on my PC. That's about it.

i didn't own a non-nintendo console until may when i got the ps4 so loyalish up until then

I think my loyalty stopped around 2006. It just wasn't the same anymore, or maybe I was older. I would still be down with Nintendo if they released something new and amazing. I think overall that "Loyalty" to a sole video game brand is really limiting. I'm glad I got chance to play PS2 games during the Gamecube era and Xbox 360 games during the Wii era. I would have missed out on so many great games

i'm really loyal to them. i own the ds lite, dsi, 3ds, wii, wii u, and switch. literally the only non-nintendo console i own is a ps vita. i've been buying their games ever since i was little, and even though i don't buy games just because they're from nintendo, i do think i'm loyal to them.

Nintendo has and always will be one of my favorite gaming and electronics companies, but I'm not loyal to only them. Although, the Game Boy and Super Smash Bros on Nintendo 64 made my childhood the BEST. I'm also a big fan of PlayStation only because of the Final Fantasy series.

I don't really consider myself loyal to them, but I suppose in reality I am.

'cause I literally don't have any dedicated gaming devices from companies other than Nintendo. It's because I love their games and most games from third parties that I like are on the system as well. With the exception of games like Halo but I can play those at friends if I really wanted to.

I wouldn't consider myself 100% loyal or a diehard Nintendo enthusiast, but I suppose I am mostly loyal to Nintendo, if not 100%. Though I've been able to play different consoles in my life due to family members owning them, I've only personally owned Nintendo consoles. I've owned the Gamecube, DS, Wii U, and 3DS, and I've dumped so, very much money into Amiibo, so I guess I'd be considered mostly loyal for spending so much money on their products

I feel like it's not so much a matter of loyalty as it is that Nintendo just happens to make the majority of the games I've enjoyed the most throughout my life.

Back