• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

How loyal are you to Nintendo?

I like to think I'm pretty loyal, that's only because I don't really enjoy the games on the PS or XBOX and If I do chances are I can get it on my PC.
the only time I haven't had a Nintendo console was when the PlayStation first came out haha.

I grew up with Nintendo so I have a soft spot for it. I want other consoles so badly but no time or money to start/play new games right now, so I just stick to what I have, which is conveniently 90% Nintendo. I also tend to buy new Nintendo consoles when there are animal crossing games released on them, that's probably one of the biggest reasons for me sticking with it. But I'm planning to buy a switch soon regardless since there's a couple games I want to play on it already andddd if an AC game comes out soon that's a +++

I'd say I'm pretty loyal. There hasn't been a single Nintendo console or handheld I haven't owned. Certainly can't say that about the other gaming companies.

Nintendo

I only have Nintendo.

It has not been a conscious decision.

It just so happens I like “Mario” games and I love “Animal Crossing: New Leaf.”

In recent years, I have had the Wii, the WiiU, and now the 3DS consoles.

I have not yet purchased Switch because I want ”Animal Crossing” available on it in order to get me to make the purchase. (I do think the WiiU was not handled well. And, for a considerable period, I regretted having purchased it.)

So, with no disrespect to other manufacturers, I am with Nintendo for the reasons I have already mentioned.

Last edited:
If you consider loyalty to Nintendo, only having their consoles and games and stuff, then yes, I'm 100% loyal to them.

I mean don't get me wrong, there are games outside of Nintendo that I enjoy (like Team Fortress 2), but 99.8% of what I play is either one of their games, or it's on one of their consoles.

I've just never been into playing those other game consoles like Playstation 3~4 and Xbox. Especially Sega.

I don't really have any loyalty. If they make things I want then I'll buy said things, that's it.

Most of my favorite video game franchises are Nintendo. However, I stopped being Nintendo exclusive in late 2003, when I got a PS2. Not because Nintendo was disappointing me, but because I wanted some PS games, as well.

I am loyal in the sense that I can't see a near future where I don't buy Nintendo systems. Not because I like their systems themselves, they're actually quite awful most of the time hardware-wise, but just for the games. Some of Nintendo's teams produce the most consistently excellent games in the entire industry and have for a very long time.

Don't get me wrong, they put out plenty of trash in between, but man when those few excellent games come along you NEED a Nintendo system just for them. (like Zelda BOTW and Mario Odyssey righr now) Unless that suddenly changes (or they go third party, that'd be okay too...), I'll always be purchasing their systems for that reason alone.

On the other hand, I'm more than happy to slam them for all of the other 90% of stupid decisions they make outside of those excellent games.

All of my gaming stuff is Nintendo, so I guess. I'm not too huge to have all of the consoles or anything (way too poor for that)

THEY GOT MY DEVOTION
I JUST LOVE NINTENDO

In fact people IRL know I just pay nintendo
I play SimSeries (sim city, TS 1,2,3, & 4,Spore, etc)
I got some ios/apple games
Terraria, Minecraft.
But I used to play GC, N64 (had/have games not system)
Got Wii, Wii U,3dsxl
Everybody knows I like Team Mario & Pokemon , I want an NS
Its kindof not on purpose :-D
Grew up Nintendo & there handheld so yea my craving is strong

- - - Post Merge - - -

THEY GOT MY DEVOTION
I JUST LOVE NINTENDO

In fact people IRL know I just pay nintendo
I play SimSeries (sim city, TS 1,2,3, & 4,Spore, etc)
I got some ios/apple games
Terraria, Minecraft.
But I used to play GC, N64 (had/have games not system)
Got Wii, Wii U,3dsxl
Everybody knows I like Team Mario & Pokemon , I want an NS
Its kindof not on purpose :-D
Grew up Nintendo & there handheld so yea my craving is strong

For me its 50% Sony 50% Nintendo. I used to love games on the 360 like gears of war and halo, but I've gotten into PlayStation this generation, I've always been with Nintendo though.

I USED to be loyal. Only Nintendo systems for the longest time. But then Wii happened, and I got ticked. At the same time, I was getting into series primarily on other consoles.

I am fairly loyal to Nintendo. I’ve actually just only owned an Xbox 360, and the only games I ever used to play on the Xbox 360 were Kinect Adventures, Kinect Sports, Kinect Sports 2, and Just Dance. But after a while, the games got really boring, and it turned out that the console wasn’t even that popular after all. To me, I pretty much buy lots of Nintendo stuff, for example I had the N64, DS, 3DS, Wii, Wii U, and now I have the Nintendo Switch. I guess I like Nintendo more because it has more well known characters, like the Mario series, the Animal Crossing series, the Kirby series and etc, and Nintendo has more good old classics. I don’t really know Sega that much to be honest, all I know about Sega is that Sonic is made from that company, I don’t really know much more. I remember playing Nintendo and Sega’s Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games, and just Sega’s Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing. To be honest, the biggest (and probably only) gaming company that I know the most is Nintendo, because I know myself that Nintendo makes gold class games. To me, the games there are really addicting and once you play them, you can’t stop! I was a huge fan of the Wii and Mario Kart Games. Once you play them again, they are so nostalgic. The graphics for Nintendo’s games are really good overall and I’m not sure about Sega, apparently they’re releasing an old Sonic game back? Hmm.

I am fairly loyal to Nintendo. I?ve actually just only owned an Xbox 360, and the only games I ever used to play on the Xbox 360 were Kinect Adventures, Kinect Sports, Kinect Sports 2, and Just Dance. But after a while, the games got really boring, and it turned out that the console wasn?t even that popular after all. To me, I pretty much buy lots of Nintendo stuff, for example I had the N64, DS, 3DS, Wii, Wii U, and now I have the Nintendo Switch. I guess I like Nintendo more because it has more well known characters, like the Mario series, the Animal Crossing series, the Kirby series and etc, and Nintendo has more good old classics. I don?t really know Sega that much to be honest, all I know about Sega is that Sonic is made from that company, I don?t really know much more. I remember playing Nintendo and Sega?s Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games, and just Sega?s Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing. To be honest, the biggest (and probably only) gaming company that I know the most is Nintendo, because I know myself that Nintendo makes gold class games. To me, the games there are really addicting and once you play them, you can?t stop! I was a huge fan of the Wii and Mario Kart Games. Once you play them again, they are so nostalgic. The graphics for Nintendo?s games are really good overall and I?m not sure about Sega, apparently they?re releasing an old Sonic game back? Hmm.

Throughout my life, save for the earliest years when I played the Sega Genesis and ignored the NES and SNES, I've been playing Nintendo games. I have a lot of good memories and some of my favorite video games are on Nintendo consoles.

That said, at this point in my life, I'm "loyal" to Nintendo to that extent that they are the only company whose consoles receive mainline, official Pokemon releases. As I've gotten older, I have drifted away from most video games for numerous reasons. Pokemon is one of the only things that I have been wanting to keep following, and if I am able to do so I hope to purchase a Switch to play whatever the next Pokemon games will be.

While my affection for Pokemon, and a few other Nintendo exclusive series, has thus far kept me interested, there's no saying whether I'll stick with them. I'm not a big fan of the paid online functionality of the Switch, nor the (unless this has been changed and I didn't hear) apparent need for a cell phone to chat with your friends in the game. Pokemon itself has been getting progressively easier and a bit more boring over the years, Fire Emblem has been hit or miss recently and has been relying heavily on fanservice, and I've been hearing a lot of things about how easy it is to damage the Switch.

If my problems with Nintendo's decisions end up outweighing what I like about their games, I don't think I have any issue with ceasing to purchase their consoles and games moving forward. For now, though, I'm content.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Throughout my life, save for the earliest years when I played the Sega Genesis and ignored the NES and SNES, I've been playing Nintendo games. I have a lot of good memories and some of my favorite video games are on Nintendo consoles.

That said, at this point in my life, I'm "loyal" to Nintendo to that extent that they are the only company whose consoles receive mainline, official Pokemon releases. As I've gotten older, I have drifted away from most video games for numerous reasons. Pokemon is one of the only things that I have been wanting to keep following, and if I am able to do so I hope to purchase a Switch to play whatever the next Pokemon games will be.

While my affection for Pokemon, and a few other Nintendo exclusive series, has thus far kept me interested, there's no saying whether I'll stick with them. I'm not a big fan of the paid online functionality of the Switch, nor the (unless this has been changed and I didn't hear) apparent need for a cell phone to chat with your friends in the game. Pokemon itself has been getting progressively easier and a bit more boring over the years, Fire Emblem has been hit or miss recently and has been relying heavily on fanservice, and I've been hearing a lot of things about how easy it is to damage the Switch.

If my problems with Nintendo's decisions end up outweighing what I like about their games, I don't think I have any issue with ceasing to purchase their consoles and games moving forward. For now, though, I'm content.

I'm pretty loyal. All my consoles and handhelds are Nintendo. I keep on playing Pokemon games and Mario games also intrigue me. Of course, Animal Crossing as well. Lately I'm sinking away from Nintendo in favor for PC gaming, but nonetheless my video game exposure is heavily influenced by Nintendo. I definitely still keep up with all the Nintendo news, and if I were to get a console, I'd choose a Switch over anything else.

Too loyal. ;-; I spend ALL of my money on them. :S Oh well. I mean, I do own a PS2, PS3 and PS4 and I'll play games on those consoles sometimes, so my loyalty isn't just for Nintendo.

I just play whatever I want, regardless of company. And that view has always landed me with Nintendo, since their games are just so cool.
Another point. Yeah, I admit PC is better. TECHNICALLY. But when it comes to having fun, I always go to Nintendo.

I don't have money to own all consoles for their exclusives and a gaming PC, I play predominately on handhelds, and Nintendo has always had a fantastic library for their handhelds. It's been years since I've owned a proper gaming console, last one I played regularly being a PlayStation 2. We also owned 360 and X Box One, but my brother was the only one who played it. And the Wii we had was returned in like a month.

When they announced the Switch, I was hesitant on buying it, especially since I did not enjoy the Wii and the Wii U did not appeal to me whatsoever. Also, I found it concerning that the presentation they had in January spent so much time on HD Rumble and all the tricks the joy-con can do. It made it seem like the joy-con gimmicks were going to emphasized in every game. I was on the fence on whether I should purchase a PS4 or a Switch. For that reason, I chose not to get the Switch at launch, and waited it out to see what people had to say about it, and feedback was overwhelmingly positive. So I finally got one (when I was able to find one), and I'm glad I did. So many addicting games that I wish I had more time to play, and the portability factor helps me put in more play time, versus on a traditional console where you're stuck in front of the TV.

It's a great system I would recommend to anybody. 3DS was my favorite system of all time, followed by PS2, and Nintendo Switch has found a spot on the top of that list, and a new Animal Crossing hasn't even been announced yet.

Last edited:
I just play whatever I want, regardless of company. And that view has always landed me with Nintendo, since their games are just so cool.
Another point. Yeah, I admit PC is better. TECHNICALLY. But when it comes to having fun, I always go to Nintendo.

Counter point while PC is best for almost everything you Cannot play any Nintendo game on it.
Nintendo is in a place of its own lol

Back