• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you have a daily routine in your towns?

SmokeyScout

Bells
I'm just wondering, how many of you have a daily routine or set things you must do in your towns everyday? For instance, do you try to dig up all of your fossils and present them to Blathers? Or are you more concerned with talking to your villagers.

I'm curious to see if we all have the same daily routine or if we tend to differ.

Yes, I always dig up the four fossils. Remove the plant the villagers planted. And see if no one moves.

My main town is "complete" so my routine is basically maintenance. The first thing I do is run around town once completely with my mayor. I have dirt paths everywhere so if I don't maintain them by running all the paths, they will disappear. This is easy enough since I end up doing this many times over anyways when I play. During that initial run I make sure I dig up all the bamboo, unwanted flowers, fossils, etc. I sell what I can, then I slow down and start talking to villagers and running errands if I'm bored enough. Lately I've been trying to give my villagers new furniture items that might go well with their house as well as buying off any ugly items if they have me over. I also make sure to pick up some MEOW coupons daily by summoning a random. I've racked up so many coupons at this point it's my primary source of income since I'm too lazy to go to the island to hunt beetles (1 coupon = 3000 bells so I just exchange them when I'm desperate). I don't check the shops all the time, but if I do I pick up some landscaping supplies to sell on the forums later, because everyone is always in need of them! That's about it :> I should really finish my museum exhibits though.

The first thing I mostly do is check out my mailbox if I have any mails, then I go around my town,
check out if my villagers need something from me, looking if someone moved in or out, then I go
to the campground and look if there are any items I could need. After that I go to the main street
and check out the shops if I find something usable there. When I finished, I then do usually do
some various activities like working on my town, visit some dream towns, go fishing...That's kinda
my daily routine. Sometimes, it also happens that my daily routine is different, depends on how
much time I have to play for example.

Well the first thing I usually do is check to see if Katrina or Redd is in town. Then I check my lovely phone for the lucky item and change into it if I have the item. If I don't, then I change my outfit anyways.I look for the fossils in my town, check for the fake rock. I go get my cup of coffee at the Roost, drink it then look for the money rock. I talk to all my villagers to see if anyone wants to move. Then I get my fossils assessed and donate any I don't have, then sell the rest. When my shops open at 10, I go to Nook's HOmes first to check the exteriors. Then I got to T.I.Y to check the furniture, then Able's Sister and Kicks to check what clothes and shoes they are selling. I then go to the gardening shop to get saplings, bush starts and flowers.

Then I usually log off after that, but go on throughout the day to either go to the island or landscape.

Check mail
Check the day's special at Re-Tail
Wander around and see who pings me
Go shopping

That's it really. I've upgraded all the shops, train station etc., so I'm just in maintenance mode these days.

My routine is usually done in the mornings and I'll do whatever when I play later in the day. Except in the evenings, which are reserved for beetle gunting haha.
I start out with walking around town, making sure to dig up all the fossils and talk to every villager at least once before I bring the fossils to the museum and check out all the shops. I sell whatever I don't need and then try to finish at least one of the dailies for coupons. Then I'm off to the campground and check for any special visitor in town.

My Routine is This:

Run around town and Find the "Money Rock"
Find the Fake/Ore Rock
Find all the Fossil's and the Pitfall Seed
Get Fossil's Assessed by Blathers
Sell the Fossil's, Ore, and Pitfall Seed at Retail
Go to Brewster's Cafe and Play the Mini Game and Get Coffee

That's my Daily Routine! After that i just wait until 4:00pm-5:00pm my time to roll around, then i go to the Island and Catch the Huge Bug's and Fish to Sell at Retail for Big Amount's of Bell's! :)

Last edited:
1. Check mail, if there's none, I talk to the villagers that are closest to my house because they're always there (Wendy and Portia)
2. Dig up fossils
3. Give them to blathers
4. Go shop at super T and T, able sisters.
5. Find the gem rock
6. Get coffee at the roost
7. Talk to my villagers
8. do some quests if they ask, and then that's it

Log in on main chara, run around all paths to wear them in, talk to every villager who's around. Serve Coffee. Check harveys shop. Scan Amiibo, log out of mayor.

Log into character I'm currently earning golden axe and shovel on, buy cedar sapling if its there, and buy fertilizer. Then I head down to the hybrid breeding beach and arrange them, making my breeding grid bigger with the newly grown flowers.

Log in on other two characters if I feel like decorating, or working on their friendship status. Might run the paths a second time on another character, just because.

Not too fussed on fossils, I'll dig them up, but I never identify them, I save them to give to newer players, or people who just never focused on gathering fossils. My museum is complete, so I don't really go in much.

yes!
check mail, if i have any
water flowers where i want the grass to heal (some spots just won't heal when they should and it's driving me crazy)
find my fake rock on my way around and visit the campground
check the store
sell my stuff at re-tail

and that's basically it. that's the baseline i try to do every day.

I always start before 5pm, if I can?t make it then I just won?t play that day

1. Look for fossils, ore, money rock and bamboo shoots. Pluck weeds if I see any and kill any new flowers
1.1 if I couldn?t find everything while walking on my paths I open my gates, look around for them then reset wi-if so it doesn?t save (to preserve my grass, this step was much easier before I upgraded to N3DS which doesn?t have a WiFi switch)
2. Talk to all villagers in town
3. Check fossils
4. sell everything I obtained by (presents from favors, mail, balloons, fish, ect)
5. Save/load until I talk to every villager in town
5.1 If a villager asked me for a favor and I want to replace something in their house then I mail it to them
5.2 After 5pm I save/load until they?re in their house and see if they dropped it in the right spot, if not I reset and try again
6. 6pm and 6:10 is when I schedule visits. I never forget because they seem to ask every day and I always know I have a date planned
7. Update dream address
8. If someone asked for sigs and I?m not busy with another game, I accept and try my best to get them

First, I dig up all fossils (and hit any rocks along the way for my bells and ore) and bring fossils to the museum, then go to retail to sell whatever needs to be sold. I then head to main street, check the shops and send my daily letters. I then check out the campground and the plaza to see if there are any visitors. Lastly, I talk to all my villagers for a bit, do their errands and just hang out in my town doing whatever else needs to be done.

My routine goes more or less like this: I immediately take out my shovel, and I walk around the town, seeing if villagers ping me, and looking for dig spots. Whenever I feel like it, I shake trees and find the money rock. If my inventory is full, I go to Re-Tail (this happens quite a bit every day), and then I go to Main Street. I check the shops to see if I want anything, and then I go home. Usually after that, I'll go fishing or bug hunting to fill my time.

In no particular order:

- Check the mail
- Find the money rock and gem rock
- Dig up all fossils and bamboo shoots
- See what's for sale at Nook's Homes and the T&T Emporium
- See who's camping at the campsite/what items Harvey has for sale
- Check to see if there are any special visitors through the police station, look at lost & found, then visit the special characters if there are any
- Check/complete some daily initiatives
- Try to talk to every villager I see at least once

Back