• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Animal Crossing Mobile Nintendo Direct Announcement

It's ok. Not the AC experience I was looking for, but ok. I'll play it.

so hyped for this game! will definitely be downloading ^^

I predict that the limited time event furniture will be expensive enough materials/bells/tickets-wise that it would be pretty much impossible to collect it all before the deadline without either 1) saving up materials/bells/tickets way ahead of time or 2) paying real money.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH THIS IS PERFECT I WAS ALREADY GETTING A NEW IPHONE FOR MY BDAY NOW I HAVE AN AC GAME TO GO WITH IT

fr it looks fun af just sucky we cant wifi with people

It looks alright. I like how you can catch bugs, buy items, etc.. The artstyle also looks very nice, almost like something out of City Folk. I would still prefer a real Animal Crossing game for the Switch, though. This mobile game is a big improvement over Happy Home Designer and amiibo Festival, but NOT worth a year and a half wait.

Lol. I was so excited for this but woke up to find out that neither my iPad nor phone will be supported. :lemon:

It looks alright. I like how you can catch bugs, buy items, etc.. The artstyle also looks very nice, almost like something out of City Folk. I would still prefer a real Animal Crossing game for the Switch, though. This mobile game is a big improvement over Happy Home Designer and amiibo Festival, but NOT worth a year and a half wait.

Yeah I love the old-school art and the fact they just HAD TO MAKE IT MICROTRANSACTION LOL made me a bit salty like yeah haven't done a proper series game in like.. 4 years now, 5 if you count japan?

So, Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp is basically a compact and very mobile-friendly version of the core Animal Crossing experience we've come to love. Interesting. I might give it a shot if my ol' iPhone 4S can even support this app.

From what I read it will not work on 4S or 5C or earlier iPhone models :(

From what I read it will not work on 4S or 5C or earlier iPhone models :(

Where did you read this? and did it mention what the earliest android model that can handle the game is?

Edit: Found it! I just needed to dig quite shallowly to find it. ><;

Last edited:
Yeah I love the old-school art and the fact they just HAD TO MAKE IT MICROTRANSACTION LOL made me a bit salty like yeah haven't done a proper series game in like.. 4 years now, 5 if you count japan?

Yeah, I'm upset that we still have no announcement of a new proper Animal Crossing game, even though it's been 5 years since New Leaf.

I won't be getting the mobile game anyway, since I don't have a smartphone.

I've been clearing out unused apps on my phone in anticipation. Poor Miitomo didn't make the cut.

Looks cute, I'm curious to try it but I need Dizzy and my other favs to be in this if it will expect me to invest time.

Last edited:
fml, by the time i set up an apple id for australia app shop yesterday they already pulled it :(

Got the australian ver today and I'm loving that heck out of it!

I promised myself I wouldn't get into this game. Really I did. But I couldn't help myself when I gained access to the Australian version. I started playing yesterday and I'm loving it. The graphics are great, the new penguin dudes are cute, and I'm liking the general idea of the game so far. Will I get bored of it someday? Maybe. But I think I'll be entertained by it for many hours. I'm especially looking forward to unlocking my favorite villagers like Marshal. :blush:

Back