• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Animal Crossing Mobile Nintendo Direct Announcement

Justin

Nefarious did this.
Staff
Administrator
Peach 🍑
Persimmon 🍅
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
4135-9919-0984
Throwing Beans
Sweet Balloon
Purple Balloon
Pink Balloon
Purple Balloon
Cyan Bunny Balloon
Purple Bunny Balloon
Red Bunny Balloon
Orange Balloon
Light Blue Balloon
attachment.php

Official Japanese announcement:
https://twitter.com/animalcrossing/status/922448789742542855
https://twitter.com/Nintendo/status/922432707635822592

Basic details:
October 24th at 8PM Pacific / 11PM Eastern, focused on Animal Crossing for mobile, no Switch / 3DS news included, 15 minutes long

Full story over at TBT's sister site Animal Crossing World, cough plug here cough: http://animalcrossingworld.com/2017...-nintendo-direct-coming-tuesday-october-24th/

Oooh exciting.
Seriously? 4am UK??!!!

Last edited:
Nice. The Fire Emblem mobile game direct earlier in the year had some surprises so here's hoping.

AC Mobile Direct!

Nintendo has announced that they're having a direct on the new Animal Crossing mobile game!
FB_IMG_1508765550822.jpg
What do you hope to see in this direct?

I'm honestly not sure what to expext, so I'm open to anything. I would love to see a return in the N logo furniture piece though.

Finally lol. Maybe (and hopefully) they'll slip a Switch AC announcement or something in there too. :eek:

Nintendo has announced that they're having a direct on the new Animal Crossing mobile game!
View attachment 210068
What do you hope to see in this direct?

I'm honestly not sure what to expext, so I'm open to anything. I would love to see a return in the N logo furniture piece though.

I?ve been playing AC GC and I hope they bring back the N too! And other furniture items from all the games!

This is exciting - I?m hopeful - I have ideas for what the game will be - but Nintendo always has a way of surprising us somehow :)

Really hoping it's a town builder type game with Animal Crossing qualities like seasonal events and what not. I really need something else to play other than the My Little Pony game.

The announcement page actually has a bit that basically says Nintendo Switch or Nintendo 3DS is not included. -

Well yeah, hence the "It'd be cool if" and "I don't expect it".

Last edited:
Since the game is going to be free I hope it won't rely too heavily on in-game purchases with real money. Either way though, I'm excited! I don't expect as much content as New Leaf but I hope it'll be better than the Wii U "game" we got.

im not super excited for this, the direct is like 8am in my country so i wont see it live, my phone will probably not be good enough for it and mobile games are not really my thing... i play them for a week and then i just stop. most of the time its no use to play them without buying stuff with real money... buuuut we'll see

If this is a mainline game I'll be so upset. This needs to be some tiny, inconsequential game.

Animal crossing will not work on mobile, it needs to come to switch -__-

If this is a mainline game I'll be so upset. This needs to be some tiny, inconsequential game.

Animal crossing will not work on mobile, it needs to come to switch -__-

On the contrary, mobile would be perfect for this type of game. But it's definitely not where I want it, my phone is a tool, not a gaming device.

If Mario Run and Fire Emblem Warriors is anything to go by, this will be a game that uses the essence of Animal Crossing over top a run-of-the-mill Freemium game, like say any sort of town builder you can find on the app store.

Finally. This app was supposed to release a year ago. Who knows what it'll be like? Maybe it will be good!

... or maybe it'll be another amiibo Festival...

I really hope its good! Considering the long wait time for a new AC title and the mobile game's announcement, its about time we get insight on to what it is about. I'll be extremely disappointed if its a town builder where you set a building down for an hour, come back and repeat.. Or a candy crush / amiibo festival clone.

Really hope it's not a "Freeminum" game and a "pay 5 dollars you get the game there you go now you coullllld spend 10000000000 dollars for bells it's not needed to play"

Tho it's most likely a f2p... Hopefully its good like Fe heroes!.... Then it's just a puzzle league ac - switch tie in ( with a switch compadable update being announced later )

Back