• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

can i place a bridge here?

EvieEvening23

Queen of Ducks
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
May Birthstone (Emerald)
April Birthstone (Diamond)
March Birthstone (Aquamarine)
February Birthstone (Amethyst)
January Birthstone (Garnet)
assuming if I destroyed the current bridge first that is

xYVqHG1.png

can I move the bridge two spaces down from where it is? There are no rocks or major buildings in the way but I was wondering if the river itself would affect the bridge.

if you need to see a more bigger area, I can take more pictures.

I think the best way to know is to try it out yourself. From the picture you uploaded, I don't see why it wouldn't work. Unless it becomes the reservoir? (that large pool that's in the middle of rivers) or is close to the waterfall, I'm pretty sure you can place your bridge wherever. I have one of my bridges on a bend in the river and isabelle let me go ahead.

I think you should be able to! I had a very similar bend in the river and was able to place a bridge there. It's all up to *cough* therealmayor Isabelle though haha

As long as it's not where the river gets thicker it shouldn't be a problem.

All as others have said, depends on whether the river gets wider at that point.
Try it out, the worst would be the bridge ends up where it is currently. I would leave moving until I had another bridge type I wanted to place in its stead. (In the interim, protecting the areas both sides of the river with tiles - plenty of them too).

If this is the original bridge the game provides & you take it out, then its replacement will be part of your 30 PWP max.
You can't take out your only bridge, so you will have to have another one somewhere.

When you take the bridge out, leave the path tiles shown in the photo plus another different tile in the section you don't want the bridge to be. Also do both sides of the river. You can take Isabelle both sides and see where she locates it.
That way you have a better idea that the bridge is locating exactly where you want it.

If you go ahead and Loid sites where you don't want it, just go to Isabelle & demolish it before you put in any donations - donations you would lose, but otherwise all you lose is one day - you can't try putting in the bridge again till the next day.

Last edited:
Yes, it should work fine. It doesn't seem to have a problem with it so I'd expect it to work fine. Obviously, give it a try yourself though.

it does work! I placed a brick bridge to go into the empty spot. thanks to everyone who posted

Back