• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Excessive Smiley Emojis?!?

bcmii

The tense past is swaying
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Ok, but a bit random but am I the only one who notices that the members of this forum use the smiley emojis quite excessively??? Literally, I'll a see ':)' on the end of piratically every other sentence on any given thread. I do admit, however, I've found myself doing that a few times too though.

Am I the only one noticing this, or am I just going crazy :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

*Edit: I've just been checking out random posts, and I've gone crazy noticing them; Plz help :) :) :) :)

Last edited:
GUILTY. I'm considering changing my user title to "smiles too much." :) :) :)

I just normally smile at the end of posts a lot, it's not my fault it auto turns my smiles into gyroid emojis... that's why I've taken to doing my square smiles :]

What's wrong with expressing your feelings??

the smilies make me Die inside . i wish theyd be disabled as default and youd have to enable them to use them bc accidentally putting a gyroid in posts isnt Fun

i like it when people use emojis because i know what tone they are saying the sentence in
and i can tell if the person is joking or not and the same thing goes for 'lol' and 'lmao'

I use them because I sound mad if I don’t

I am guilty of doing this but I'm afraid of coming off as mean or harsh :(

I need to smile a million times, I need to let everyone know there is more joy in my heart than my face can handle

but some times also :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Actually, Editing : My real cyber crime is posting too many hahas or lols in my comments, but if that's an arrestable offence, I'm prepared to do my time, and heck, I'd do it again

Last edited:
I am guilty of using them a lot but I feel like sometimes they're necessary if I don't want to sound like I'm being super abrupt or a jerk? Like a lot of the dialogue when you're trading etc. is too simple to send across emotional intent, which is why I'll stick a smiley on there to let the person know that I'm trying to be nice and polite instead of demanding

The only one I use/need is :lemon:
The rest could be removed and I wouldn't notice for a while probably

Back