• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

I had a visitor in town that was throwing bird food everywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

HappyTails

On Indefinite Hiatus
Orange 🍊
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Should I be worried about this? I had a visitor in town, I invited them they didn't just randomly appear and they didn't do anything bad except accidentally dig up some flowers but was sorry afterwards and they were white pansies so it wasn't really a big deal. But they were throwing bird food everywhere. I had to end the session because I was in the middle of landscaping before they arrived and I wanted to get back to that. Should I be worried about this bird food?

If it was a square basket with yellow-ish pebbles, no need to worry. You can get those harmless beans from Harvey to feed birds at the campsite :)

They said something about my grass when they where throwing them.

I hope my town isn't going to get attacked by birds tomorrow XD

It looked like a square bag with yellow round pebble things.

Last edited:
I feel bad too because it was making me a bit uncomfortable and I kicked them out of my town. I knew they weren't trying to be malicious or anything but still, I didn't know what they were trying to do there.

I feel bad too because it was making me a bit uncomfortable and I kicked them out of my town. I knew they weren't trying to be malicious or anything but still, I didn't know what they were trying to do there.

I guess that's understandable. Maybe explain to them why you kicked them out.

Yeah the throwing beans are harmless. They quickly disappear after thrown, so nothing really happens. I've used them to attract birds in the campground. Haven't tested if it works in my town though.

I'll send them a PM on here and let them know. Can't really explain that on the game since you only get like 10 spaces to type stuff lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

Well at least the wifi didn't just cut off like it usually does when people are visiting me so that's a good thing

You can acquire the throwing beans from Harvey if you speak to him "heya, harv" while he's feeding the birds~ it does attract birds in main street and in the campgrounds, but won't have any effect in town other than scaring away fish if thrown in the water. So don't worry! It won't do anything to your grass either. Maybe they thought it was cute, but if it bothers people, they should stop.
I also had a visitor who kept hitting me with the toy hammer. Ddin't do any harm, but boy was it annoying after 4 or 5 times. I also ended session as soon as I picked up the trade items, lol. x)

No need to feel bad, imo. I would do the same if I felt uncomfortable about anything a visitor was doing. I have bumped people a couple of times for odd behavior. Better safe than sorry. It doesn't hurt them or take anything away from them, and if they are decent, they will understand. (And maybe quit that behavior in the future.)

By the way, I have had those beans "thrown" at me by a couple of traders when I entered their town and don't really like it. Bubbles are okay and fun, though!

I'm worried about sending them the PM telling them they were making me uncomfortable, because i'm afraid they are going to retaliate by giving me a negative wifi rating even though I didn't do anything wrong. :/

Raven I see everything. I said 'you have lots of dirt patches". I didn't mention anything about it relating to bird food. Well I guess I'm sorry for throwing bird food but it does nothing.

I know that now because I asked on here but you weren't answering my question when I asked you what you were doing when you were in my town. First you said, it will make the ground brown, then you said you were kidding, then you said 'you'll see'. That could make a person uncomfortable. It's like ominous sounding and mysterious.

1. I didn't say anything about "you'll see". I offered to take you into the campsite to show the birds came. You were ignorant and after ignoring the fact I was going to show what it did I found it offensive you'd make a post about me even though I was going to show you.
2. I said you have dirt patches not "you'll get dirt patches"

- - - Post Merge - - -

To strengthen point two, you may probably recall saying "I run alot"

I think it would be a wise choice for the two of you to take that conversation into a pm. That being if the conversation is to continue. Just a suggestion.

I think it would be a wise choice for the two of you to take that conversation into a pm. That being if the conversation is to continue. Just a suggestion.

Good point lol. I wasn't trying to turn this into that kind of discussion I didn't say who it was that came to my town and did that stuff. Just asking a question.

Good point lol. I wasn't trying to turn this into that kind of discussion I didn't say who it was that came to my town and did that stuff. Just asking a question.
You were keeping it anonymous, that much was obvious. I do not doubt that it was never meant to become a conversation. For now I guess either ignore the person or take it to pms. Cause mods will likely close this, If it gets out of hand. c:

no offence but you aren't a peacekeeper.

A player with only negative ratings being rude, why am I not surprised. But yes, they never mentioned you by name, they were simply asking if the bird seeds do anything, there's nothing wrong with that. You shouldn't act in an obnoxious way in peoples towns. If its your own town, that's ok, but in other peoples town, you're just a visitor, behave, and don't do anything foolish like cutting down trees or just saying obnoxious things. If you can't play nicely, you should find another place to find players, bad behaviour will stick to you here, and you will not find anyone willing to play with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back