• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Tempted to buy another copy of ACNL...

amemome

bell bell isabelle
Peach 🍑
Banana 🍌
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Isabelle
Isabelle
Isabelle
Isabelle
Isabelle
White Cosmos
Red Cosmos
Yellow Cosmos
Red Cosmos
White Cosmos
I really want another town (aka my "perfect town") for a town layout, town fruit, and mayor more close to my "ideal village" but I don't really want to restart my current game due to how much effort I put into it to get DLCs, un-orderables, and an almost 100% Encyclopedia...

I know in the eShop it's USD19.99... is it worth it to buy a digital copy?

What do you all think?

I'd say yes. I have several copies myself and I really like having a choice, in a town I play really casually (no TT, just coming when I can, not trying to hard for it to be perfect) and in the other one it's a bit like what you want : I picked everything carefully, I only "work" on that one when I feel like it.
If you really like acnl and know you will use it, I think you can go for it. :)

I think it is. Though you might try to find a shop or look on sites with resale to find maybe a used copy for cheaper if you want. I know some have been lucky to get a second copy where the previous town wasn't erased and had tons of bells in the bank to transfer.

Hey, thanks for your input! I think I'll go ahead and invest in another copy. :)

Be careful now, someone one here ended up with 19 copies of this game because they wanted another copy.

Why not?

I was going to leave it at that, but no...I have two cartridges and my daughter just bought me my second DS, too, so I do believe I am on the "slippery slope" of being on my way to multiple copies, as hoodathotit, the person with 19 copies, calls it. Wheeee!

PS If you prefer owning a cartridge, you can buy a new one directly from Nintendo for $19.99 at this link: https://www.nintendo.com/games/3ds/nintendo-3ds-bestsellers

I'd say it's worth it. You seem to enjoy playing and it would be nice to be able to keep your first town while getting the joy of starting a fresh new town. (Or you may want to take what I say with a grain of salt as my husband just bought me my fifth copy today, so clearly I've already slipped and fallen hard - haha)

Back