• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

castle house inspiration

PaperCat

Bells
Lucky
Jack
Pink Hybrid Cosmos
Leif
White Cosmos
Red Cosmos
White Pansy
White Lily
Purple Violet
White Violet
hello! I am looking for castle house inspiration for my mayor. Especially a yard idea. I think I made mine too large so I would love some inspiration. Either screenshots or Dream addresses :D

Thank you.

I don't think I have any pictures but I do have an idea! You could surround your house with a water path tile to make a moat, and have wood tiles leading to your door to make a drawbridge! That would take up some room. I have some time to spare now, so I'll go on HHD to make up a mock up so you can see if you like it.

On the outside of the moat you can put some bushes and roses to make a pseudo hedge maze, or something.

Edit: Unless you mean like an interior yard as a room, not exterior, in which case I guess I'll be no help whoops.

Last edited:
I don't think I have any pictures but I do have an idea! You could surround your house with a water path tile to make a moat, and have wood tiles leading to your door to make a drawbridge! That would take up some room. I have some time to spare now, so I'll go on HHD to make up a mock up so you can see if you like it.

On the outside of the moat you can put some bushes and roses to make a pseudo hedge maze, or something.

Edit: Unless you mean like an interior yard as a room, not exterior, in which case I guess I'll be no help whoops.

I meant exterior. I would love some inspiration for interior too lol

HNI_0098.JPG
HNI_0099.JPG

Here's some castle photos! I made sure everything was placed on the grid. You'd want a better water pattern, but that's what I had. I think it gets the point across anyway. In my mind you'd have a path running on the other side of the bushes horizontally.
HNI_0001.JPG
HNI_0002.JPG
HNI_0003.JPG

I went for a princess-y room but if you used the gorgeous set and a few minor changes to the refurbishing you can make it more king/knight-like.

HNI_0082.JPG

I made this a long time ago for Knox. It's a cannon room. The ball catcher is supposed to be cannonballs. I didn't have the best floors and walls unlocked then, lol. And those are some pretty sloppy window patterns. But I hope it inspires you! I'm kind of on a HHD roll today, so if I make any more castle things I'll be sure to share.

Here's some castle photos! I made sure everything was placed on the grid. You'd want a better water pattern, but that's what I had. I think it gets the point across anyway. In my mind you'd have a path running on the other side of the bushes horizontally.

I went for a princess-y room but if you used the gorgeous set and a few minor changes to the refurbishing you can make it more king/knight-like.

I made this a long time ago for Knox. It's a cannon room. The ball catcher is supposed to be cannonballs. I didn't have the best floors and walls unlocked then, lol. And those are some pretty sloppy window patterns. But I hope it inspires you! I'm kind of on a HHD roll today, so if I make any more castle things I'll be sure to share.

I never even thought to try HHD for help with this house. Thank you so much :D

Any other suggestions?

HHD helps me out so much with planning out my houses. I'm a very visual person, I can't just plot a room out in my head or even on graph paper. You do have to remember to stay on the grid for all items, and it's a bit annoying having to go through a few hoops to get an 8x8 room, but it's so nice to just have almost every item you could want to consider and plan with.

It is kind of a pain to then get all the items in the game and realize just how much refurbishing you have to do, though.

Another thing I find helpful is using google images to search for things like 'medieval ballroom' to use as a reference. I did that yesterday with a police commissioner's office and it helped so much.

I was going to make a throne room in HHD, but I realized I don't have the throne item unlocked yet, lol. If I make more I'll share right away!

HNI_0087.JPG
HNI_0088.JPG
HNI_0089.JPG
HNI_0090.JPG

I made a skyrim inspired tavern/inn today, and I think it turned out pretty good! I hope it helps you. If you have HHD you can check it out at 0475-7759-824. There's also a cramped and dirty sleeping/storage area in the basement that could also be a servant's quarters in a castle.

HNI_0074.JPG

The music is hidden in front of the box with the fish on it and behind the box with the dino meat on it, respectively.

Back