Pink Hybrid Cosmos
Leif
White Cosmos
Red Cosmos
White Pansy
White Lily
Purple Violet
White Violet
hello! I am looking for castle house inspiration for my mayor. Especially a yard idea. I think I made mine too large so I would love some inspiration. Either screenshots or Dream addresses :D

Thank you.

I don't think I have any pictures but I do have an idea! You could surround your house with a water path tile to make a moat, and have wood tiles leading to your door to make a drawbridge! That would take up some room. I have some time to spare now, so I'll go on HHD to make up a mock up so you can see if you like it.

On the outside of the moat you can put some bushes and roses to make a pseudo hedge maze, or something.

Edit: Unless you mean like an interior yard as a room, not exterior, in which case I guess I'll be no help whoops.

Last edited:
I don't think I have any pictures but I do have an idea! You could surround your house with a water path tile to make a moat, and have wood tiles leading to your door to make a drawbridge! That would take up some room. I have some time to spare now, so I'll go on HHD to make up a mock up so you can see if you like it.

On the outside of the moat you can put some bushes and roses to make a pseudo hedge maze, or something.

Edit: Unless you mean like an interior yard as a room, not exterior, in which case I guess I'll be no help whoops.

I meant exterior. I would love some inspiration for interior too lol

HNI_0098.JPG
HNI_0099.JPG

Here's some castle photos! I made sure everything was placed on the grid. You'd want a better water pattern, but that's what I had. I think it gets the point across anyway. In my mind you'd have a path running on the other side of the bushes horizontally.
HNI_0001.JPG
HNI_0002.JPG
HNI_0003.JPG

I went for a princess-y room but if you used the gorgeous set and a few minor changes to the refurbishing you can make it more king/knight-like.

HNI_0082.JPG

I made this a long time ago for Knox. It's a cannon room. The ball catcher is supposed to be cannonballs. I didn't have the best floors and walls unlocked then, lol. And those are some pretty sloppy window patterns. But I hope it inspires you! I'm kind of on a HHD roll today, so if I make any more castle things I'll be sure to share.

Here's some castle photos! I made sure everything was placed on the grid. You'd want a better water pattern, but that's what I had. I think it gets the point across anyway. In my mind you'd have a path running on the other side of the bushes horizontally.

I went for a princess-y room but if you used the gorgeous set and a few minor changes to the refurbishing you can make it more king/knight-like.

I made this a long time ago for Knox. It's a cannon room. The ball catcher is supposed to be cannonballs. I didn't have the best floors and walls unlocked then, lol. And those are some pretty sloppy window patterns. But I hope it inspires you! I'm kind of on a HHD roll today, so if I make any more castle things I'll be sure to share.

I never even thought to try HHD for help with this house. Thank you so much :D

Any other suggestions?

HHD helps me out so much with planning out my houses. I'm a very visual person, I can't just plot a room out in my head or even on graph paper. You do have to remember to stay on the grid for all items, and it's a bit annoying having to go through a few hoops to get an 8x8 room, but it's so nice to just have almost every item you could want to consider and plan with.

It is kind of a pain to then get all the items in the game and realize just how much refurbishing you have to do, though.

Another thing I find helpful is using google images to search for things like 'medieval ballroom' to use as a reference. I did that yesterday with a police commissioner's office and it helped so much.

I was going to make a throne room in HHD, but I realized I don't have the throne item unlocked yet, lol. If I make more I'll share right away!

HNI_0087.JPG
HNI_0088.JPG
HNI_0089.JPG
HNI_0090.JPG

I made a skyrim inspired tavern/inn today, and I think it turned out pretty good! I hope it helps you. If you have HHD you can check it out at 0475-7759-824. There's also a cramped and dirty sleeping/storage area in the basement that could also be a servant's quarters in a castle.

HNI_0074.JPG

The music is hidden in front of the box with the fish on it and behind the box with the dino meat on it, respectively.

Back