• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

My two cockatiels <3

ThomasHasntPlayedAC

I need a username change.
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Coco
Lobo
Mint
Tasty Cake
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Jingle Christmas Doll
Isabelle
New Leaf Token
Tasty Cake
Pavé
I have two cockatiels named Matthew and Zeke. Here's Matthew!
YdVZWTs.jpg

And here's Zeke!
JyHSWQo.jpg

Do you have any pet birds? If so, tell me about them, and maybe show pictures!

Last edited:
I Love Bird's! I owned Three Parakeet's when i was younger, but they have since passed on! Not Because i wasn't taken care of them, i was taking care of them Properly! They passed away due to Natural Cause's!

My Grandma on my Mother's Side has a Female Sun Conure that i Love! Meet Peaches:

2015-01-18 12.43.42.jpg

Sorry for the Quality! My hand's are all Shaky and Jittery when i hold a Camera or anything with a Camera, so i can't hold them still half the time and get a clear picture! :)

Last edited:
haha i read the title wrong and thought this post was about cocktails...
but cute birds lol

ah i love birds!! i wouldn't wanna own one myself though haha

we visited a family friend this week and they have a 30-something year old macaw. his name is simon. i don't have a pic of him but he's green and very pretty!
they also have some other smaller bird, idk her breed or age tho!

aa i want a budgie ;w;
cockatiels are so friggin cute tho?? i love their lil head feathers thats adorable af
i really adore birds
id name mine ross

I've got a cockatiel too, named Nemo. She decided to lay some eggs recently and she gets in a BAD mood when she's sitting on eggs, so I can't take a pic right now. Don't have one available at the moment.

She's normally super friendly and behaved though!

Birds are the worst pet.

If they're well behaved, I find them to be a really good pet. They're cheap when it comes to food costs and you don't have to worry as much if you go on vacation. I can leave my cockatiel home alone, I just have to give her whatever # days' worth of food (she's very good about eating only when she's hungry so the food will actually last that many days) and an extra bowl of water (one is plenty, but second is backup in case she poops in one or something). I've had other pets and they cost more and/or are more of a pain when you are going to be gone on vacation.

I know not all birds are well behaved though.

I Love Bird's! I owned Three Parakeet's when i was younger, but they have since passed on! Not Because i wasn't taken care of them, i was taking care of them Properly! They passed away due to Natural Cause's!

My Grandma on my Mother's Side has a Female Sun Conure that i Love! Meet Peaches:

View attachment 210034

Sorry for the Quality! My hand's are all Shaky and Jittery when i hold a Camera or anything with a Camera, so i can't hold them still half the time and get a clear picture! :)

Aww, Peaches is adorable! I always wanted a sun conure! They're too expensive, though.

~ ~ ~ TRANSITION ~ ~ ~

If they're well behaved, I find them to be a really good pet. They're cheap when it comes to food costs and you don't have to worry as much if you go on vacation. I can leave my cockatiel home alone, I just have to give her whatever # days' worth of food (she's very good about eating only when she's hungry so the food will actually last that many days) and an extra bowl of water (one is plenty, but second is backup in case she poops in one or something). I've had other pets and they cost more and/or are more of a pain when you are going to be gone on vacation.

I know not all birds are well behaved though.

I agree! Nemo sounds cute! Is she a good birb when not sitting on eggs?

Last edited:
The only birds I'd ever met were Budgies, I had two when I was younger and mine were kind of jerks, the most they'd go is step on my finger for .2 seconds and hop off as soon as I went to move. Since I was young I didn't really take care of them properly, I mean I fed them and cleaned their cage and stuff, but I didn't play with them enough to get them comfortable with me cause I was kind of scared of getting bit and what have you. They also had a way too small cage which is sad to think about now...

I had known a few budgies that were super sweet though, one of them loved burrowing under my hair and nibbling my ear, his name was Hedwig and he belonged to an old daycare of mine. And my mom's exes brother had two really sweet budgies named Pickle and Pete that were super cute and nice and knew how to whistle tunes and they'd dance to music, Pete had passed away and I got Pickle because they didn't want him to be alone and didn't want to get a NEW budgie, and as soon as he integrated to Sky's cage he stopped being nice and picked up on the "hate the owner" attitude Sky, my original budgie, had. I wish I had known better husbandry and stuff and would have gotten them more acclimated to me so I could have let them out to play more. I know birds can be awesome pets.

- - - Post Merge - - -

The only birds I'd ever met were Budgies, I had two when I was younger and mine were kind of jerks, the most they'd go is step on my finger for .2 seconds and hop off as soon as I went to move. Since I was young I didn't really take care of them properly, I mean I fed them and cleaned their cage and stuff, but I didn't play with them enough to get them comfortable with me cause I was kind of scared of getting bit and what have you. They also had a way too small cage which is sad to think about now...

I had known a few budgies that were super sweet though, one of them loved burrowing under my hair and nibbling my ear, his name was Hedwig and he belonged to an old daycare of mine. And my mom's exes brother had two really sweet budgies named Pickle and Pete that were super cute and nice and knew how to whistle tunes and they'd dance to music, Pete had passed away and I got Pickle because they didn't want him to be alone and didn't want to get a NEW budgie, and as soon as he integrated to Sky's cage he stopped being nice and picked up on the "hate the owner" attitude Sky, my original budgie, had. I wish I had known better husbandry and stuff and would have gotten them more acclimated to me so I could have let them out to play more. I know birds can be awesome pets.

Back