Most Underrated Villager

Tora Olafsdotter

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Who is your favorite 'unpopular' villager. The only rules are you have to pick ONE and only ONE villager, you have to give a detailed explanation as to why you like them, and on top of that it has to be a villager alot of people hate. No posting about 'overrated villagers' or anything. Let's just keep this conversation from turning into a flame war before it starts. I'll start us off. While Hopper and Mira are my top two favorite villagers, they do have a decent amount of fans, nothing extremely high, but still have a liked audience. However my third favorite is.....
hans.jpg
Hans the Yeti​

Why am I such a big fan of this villager. Well, in my first town on New Leaf, since this was my first Animal Crossing game, I did not know about Plot Resetting. I ended up getting Hans as my first move in, and well, he and I really hit it off well. His yeti-like design is really appealing as I am a huge fan of Cryptids like the Yeti or Nessie. So it would only be natural this guy would be one of my favorites. Since learning of Plot Resetting I have made it a habit that I always have him as one of my villagers, and make sure he is my Flamboyant villager when I get one. A lot of people straight up hate the gorilla villagers. Personally I really like them.

How about you guys? Who is your favorite underrated villager?

Last edited:
Ahh, this is so hard... there's so many lovely villagers on tier 6... this time I'll go with Margie the normal elephant:

Margie_NewLeaf_Official.jpg

She's so pretty! I saw her picture before I watched the Doubutsu no Mori movie and decided I wanted her on my town. Her theme and house are also lovely, and I particularly like the normal personality a lot. After seeing the movie, I understood even less why she's unpopular: she's one of the main characters! Rosie seems to get a lot of attention... well, people's tastes are a mystery to me, I guess. >v<

^
To be honest, I'm really surprised over the fact that Margie is so unpopular. I also thought
that especially because of the movie, she would have many fans, since she's also a cute
looking villager. But I guess she's not that interesting for most people, unlike Rosie and
Whitney, who both also appeared in the movie and are pretty popular villagers. Actually
very sad, as she deserved more love.

Well, there are many tier 6 villagers where I would say that they are underrated, but if I
had to pick one, I would choose Claude.

View attachment 210022

He's such a lovely villager and I kinda don't understand why he is in tier 6. I was very happy
back then when it was confirmed that Claude would come back in the Welcome amiibo update.
I owned once his amiibo card and he lived in one of my past towns. He is really a nice, adorable
looking villager and he's also one of my favorites. I wish he would get more attention.

Well, my browser kinda crashed when I tried to upload the picture I needed... Alright, take two.

Walt! I don't know why he's so underrated, he's pretty awesome! I had him in my town in New Leaf since it began, and he kept saying he would move, but even after I disappeared for two months, he's still there! I'm not 100% sure why I like him so much, but he has become my favorite of the villagers! Maybe I just like kangaroos, but he certainly isn't all that bad! He looks pretty awesome, and I hope people begin to see how freaking awesome he is.
Walt_ACNL.png

Tex_amiibo_art.png

i don't know why he is tier 6. WHY IS HE TIER SIX. THIS BEAN DESERVES LOVE.
I know I can be pretty superficial with the villagers. However, with Tex, he is a penguin, and he has that personality I've come to known as new in New Leaf as 'Smug' that I adore. I always find smug adorable. Although, sometimes, the smugs can be as annoying as any other to me. I do adore him, and my second choosing would be a numerous amount of the grumps, like Rasher. But, for my most haunted need, I need Tex, and I think I only had him, if anything, once. Which sucks because he's an adorable bean and needs the love of the century. UGH. <3

Unpopular villager that a lot of people hate, but I love? That's easy...

latest

My main man Moose! :D He was one of my starting villagers, and somehow he ended up really growing on me :) He is such a big sweetheart, the secret-agent vibe he has going on in his house is pretty cool, and I just really enjoy having him in my town ^u^

Back