• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Post your strange AC:NL thoughts here

TangyHeart

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
So yeah I'll start...

Notice how we are the "Mayor", but we never get paid (like seriously have you SEEN my bank account), we never actually work (why should I work when I don't get paid and Isabelle doesn't even let me do anything), and yet somehow, the villagers have an UNLIMITED supply of bells, yet they have no jobs.... I honestly have no clue what to call this.. It's not a theory, more of a thought... *changes title* k we're good now. Anyway, like, what kind of an excuse for a mayor am I if I can't even keep the same hairstyle for two days!? (That's a lie, I've had mine for 23 days... Ish...) So anyway, go ahead and place your random thoughts here, cuz if I wanted to share mine, I'm sure you want to share yours.

Great thread, and just the place to put this! I wonder what the villagers think when characters disappear into thin air when I save and quit to change players.

I have also wondered if they think I have a magic watering can (or if they are jealous) when they see me watering nine flowers at once as opposed to their one at a time. :blush:

Speaking of hairstyles, do they like (or even notice) my mayor's bedhead? Did the grass regrowth trick a few weeks ago and haven't bothered to go to Shampoodles. :blush: again...

I wonder what the villagers think now that we can make them move on command. Like when using the amiibo cards. I wonder if Wisp possesses them and brainwashes them into leaving. And then they're suddenly packing all their things and totally okay with it. I find it strange. Also when using amiibo figures, you can just make them stop what they're doing and force them to go on vacation. Haha
>.<

Last edited:
I wonder what the villagers think now that we can make them move on command. Like when using the amiibo cards. I wonder if Wisp possesses them and brainwashes them into leaving. And then they're suddenly packing all their things and totally okay with it. I find it strange. Also when using amiibo figures, you can just make them stop what they're doing and force them to go on vacation. Haha
>.<

This is what we have needed for years :')

- - - Post Merge - - -

Great thread, and just the place to put this! I wonder what the villagers think when characters disappear into thin air when I save and quit to change players.

This is what happens when people question video games... You end up getting a room full of people with philosophical questions that I don't even think Nintendo themselves can answer :cool:

Last edited:
I thought of another thing:

How the heck do we get back to our house when we are stung by a scorpion or bitten by a tarantula? Like, we are passed out, and we suddenly appear back at our house. And whoever brought us back, why do they leave us on our doorstep like dude would it kill ya to dump us inside our house at least? It's not like we lock our front door :')

And who is the person who brings us back? And how long were we passed out? There are so many questions I have related to this topic... I could go on and on...

I thought of another thing:

How the heck do we get back to our house when we are stung by a scorpion or bitten by a tarantula? Like, we are passed out, and we suddenly appear back at our house. And whoever brought us back, why do they leave us on our doorstep like dude would it kill ya to dump us inside our house at least? It's not like we lock our front door :')

And who is the person who brings us back? And how long were we passed out? There are so many questions I have related to this topic... I could go on and on...

I agree and add: Who would dump an unconscious person at their front door to begin with? How rude and uncaring! If we saw a villager unconscious we would take them home and care for them. We would run to the store and buy medicine. We would pound Nooks door down if the store was closed! We would...we would...we would NOT abandon them to fate!

eywRJMO.jpg
Of the many villagers in this game,why is it that only six of 'em wear pants?My bud Joey is one of the few with a covered bottom.

M6eQBMJ.jpg
What's the point in having umbrellas in the game if your player character can't actually get wet?That's why my characters always go frog-style in the rain.

mtSgPBt.jpg
Fruit is huge because it's the villagers' only source of sustenance in the game and it has to keep them full for the entire day.Ever see a villager eat more than one piece of fruit in a day?

Last edited:
Haha! Yup and yup to first two pics! I have sweetie Joey in one of my towns. He's a kick! And, omgosh, why bother with the umbrellas? Rain is fantastic and so what if the crankys tease us a little, right?

BUT...Mathilda told me today, when I took her the pear she asked for, that she had already stuffed herself with pears, so thanks, anyway. I was so surprised that I don't think I took a screenshot, doggone it! That was a first!

I agree with the mayor thing, we all know Isabelle is the real mayor. I am sure she started doing everything when Tortimer started getting senile and decided she can just kind of boss us around. (She probably takes the money too...) I feel like there should be taxes on the villagers, make it more realistic, and you can take from there to pay for PWP's and stuff. But I also think it's weird how villagers just KNOW what you're carrying... like... how would they know that I have something in my pocket? "Oh I heard rumor you have a ____!" ok... so who told you then. Who is psychic and just snooping in my pockets?

xFMp1mm.jpg

4lWIeFO.jpg

0sHFxl0.jpg

OxVUeCJ.jpg
The cows and bulls in the game don't seem to mind having the preserved remains of their brethren decorating their houses.Is it a conscious fashion choice or do they just think that it might be one of their relatives and they'd like to keep them in their house out of respect?

I don't have anything new to add at the moment. But this thread made me laugh so hard. I needed that!

View attachment 210050
Fruit is huge because it's the villagers' only source of sustenance in the game and it has to keep them full for the entire day.Ever see a villager eat more than one piece of fruit in a day?
Some of my villagers have mentioned that they eat the fish they catch. It's kind of silly that the only ask for fruit for food, though.

Lazy villagers sometimes ask what you think of their clothes. If you say their clothes look cute, they say "What? You think I'm cute, like a stuffed animal or something?" I love it when Stitches says that, since he's a stuffed bear. x)

Last edited:
WHERE are your other residents when you're on your playable character? Why do they just disappear? Wouldn't it make more sense if they are just hanging around in their house when you're not playing them? (kinda like when you're visiting a dream town). This always bugged me.

Why can you put a shark in your pockets but not in a letter? :p

I always wonder where or on what the villagers are sleeping if they don't have a bed in their
house. Like, are they just sleeping on the ground, do they just stand somewhere in their house
and wait till they fell asleep? I know that in the Animal Crossing game for the Game Cube, the
villager did something like this and you can also see sometimes your villagers standing in their
house sleeping in New Leaf...But isn't this just really uncomfortable? Or just normal for them?

I also find it interesting when a villager tells you something about a TV show and then you
realized, that villager doesn't have a TV in his house. Did he gone to another villager and
watched it there? But what if none of your villager owns a TV? Where did he watched it
then?

Also, why doesn't the parents of the player have a problem with it that their kid became
the mayor of a town full of animals? Is this a normal thing in the Animal Crossing universe?
Are they also live in a town with animals as neighbours?

View attachment 210063

View attachment 210064

View attachment 210065

View attachment 210066
The cows and bulls in the game don't seem to mind having the preserved remains of their brethren decorating their houses.Is it a conscious fashion choice or do they just think that it might be one of their relatives and they'd like to keep them in their house out of respect?

In a similarly weird, though not near as... creepy matter, you can have a dog house, bird cage, and hamster cage in your house, but also have dog, bird, and hamster villagers. Let's not forget there are non-anthropomorphic birds all over the place, among all the possible bird villagers.

WHERE are your other residents when you're on your playable character? Why do they just disappear? Wouldn't it make more sense if they are just hanging around in their house when you're not playing them? (kinda like when you're visiting a dream town). This always bugged me.

Why can you put a shark in your pockets but not in a letter? :p

Well dizzy, you might buy yourself an egg, and put it in your pocket, but you're not going to trust a dunce like pete to deliver that egg intact are you? Sharks is big toothy eggs.

Anyways, my thoughts. If my town is all frogs, but the all the workers in the town are not frogs (the npcs, and me the mayor) Are we being held captive by our frog overlords, or are the frogs an underprivileged class who cannot obtain wealth?

Back