Post your strange AC:NL thoughts here

Just like Dizzy bone said, I've always wondered where the other players disappeared off to. Like in wild world, if you went into the basement (which you couldn't design at all, not even the wallpaper/carpet, thanks guys it looks like we're poor) there they were! But now they just disappear, and only the villagera might talk about another player when they aren't there.

When is Guillver going to stop going on boats. He always gets thrown off the boat and loses his memory. He needs to retire at some point. I worry about him so much.
Also when we got to talk to Pete the mail man, after he kept on about his crush on both the girls working at the post office, I thought we were able to give him the bravery to tell them his crush, like it could of been a small event we could of done.

One more thing, why is there a certain gift you can give villagers on their birthday (like something they like or is in their colour) but when they ask you to get an item for their house to replace something, you can give them anything?

Do the villagers and NPCs know that multiple versions (clones?) of them exist, which lives in
other towns? Like, for an example: You have Stitches in your town, you go and visit someones
town who also have Stitches. If you now talk to him he doesn't recognize you at all, he's talking
to you like you are a stranger. However, if you now visit a dream town and meet there Stitches,
he recognize you and also realize that this is a dream. Some villagers also wondering why the
town is so different (compare to your town) until they realize that it's a dream. Same with the
NPCs: If I talk to the Tom Nook in my town, he of course knows me, but if I go now to other
town and talk with the Tom Nook there, he only say something like "Hm, you're not from here,
right?". So...How does this work? I mean, if Whitney for an other example move out from my
town and later I get her from someone else or via amiibo card back, she doesn't know me that
much at all like the Whitney who lived once in my town (unless it's not the same Whitney who
I had and lived for a while in a other town). So, does that mean I got a "new" Whitney then?
I guess I think too much about this...

Also: How old are we in the game? Is the mayor a kid? A teenager? A young adult? They never
ask you in game how old you are, but they call you "young"...

Do the villagers and NPCs know that multiple versions (clones?) of them exist, which lives in
other towns? Like, for an example: You have Stitches in your town, you go and visit someones
town who also have Stitches. If you now talk to him he doesn't recognize you at all, he's talking
to you like you are a stranger. However, if you now visit a dream town and meet there Stitches,
he recognize you and also realize that this is a dream. Some villagers also wondering why the
town is so different (compare to your town) until they realize that it's a dream. Same with the
NPCs: If I talk to the Tom Nook in my town, he of course knows me, but if I go now to other
town and talk with the Tom Nook there, he only say something like "Hm, you're not from here,
right?". So...How does this work? I mean, if Whitney for an other example move out from my
town and later I get her from someone else or via amiibo card back, she doesn't know me that
much at all like the Whitney who lived once in my town (unless it's not the same Whitney who
I had and lived for a while in a other town). So, does that mean I got a "new" Whitney then?
I guess I think too much about this...

Also: How old are we in the game? Is the mayor a kid? A teenager? A young adult? They never
ask you in game how old you are, but they call you "young"...

I have wondered about all of these things... Like, I have moe in my town, and so does my brother, and he acts like he doesn't even know me... But it's all an act... I know it's all an act....

Why can I accidentally wipe away cobblestone paths? Like, no real person is going to go to pick a flower and then says, "oops, I wiped part of the path away, let me generate another square of cobblestone out of my pants."
And does Kapp'n spend any time with his family? For about 4 years now, he's mainly been hanging around the docks.

I wonder what the villagers think now that we can make them move on command. Like when using the amiibo cards. I wonder if Wisp possesses them and brainwashes them into leaving. And then they're suddenly packing all their things and totally okay with it. I find it strange. Also when using amiibo figures, you can just make them stop what they're doing and force them to go on vacation. Haha
>.<

Wisp is the poltergeist in the AC universe?possessing unsuspecting animals to do his (or rather yours) bidding. The game is rated for E, so no head turning or backwards stair climbing for us. But wait, poltergeists aren't supposed to show themselves, only ghosts do. Hmm ..

WHERE are your other residents when you're on your playable character? Why do they just disappear? Wouldn't it make more sense if they are just hanging around in their house when you're not playing them? (kinda like when you're visiting a dream town). This always bugged me.

That idea of them hanging around is genius! I so wish they had done that instead~ >v<

Now that I think about it, it WOULD be great if they were in their houses! Because then, you could have some reassurance that you aren't imagining things and you actually have... WAIT A MINUTE

What if when you create a new character, you're actually "dreaming" and re-imagining what happened when you first spoke to Rover. So you end up creating a new house, but at this point, you're awake but you THINK youre someone new, but you really aren't. And why don't you remember anything from before you fell asleep? WISP! Wisp has possessed you, so you create more houses, for HIM. You only look different because Wisp can possess you, and look like anyone...

.... This needs to be a book.

Frogs can have a frog in their house.

zUHLvnd.jpg
HfjJkVd.jpg
Yup,works for the octopuses too.

I thought of another one:

So when Phoebe was moving in, I went to her house at 8pm, and she had not unpacked a SINGLE THING! Like, child seriously! You stand there all day doing literally NOTHING but you say that you're so busy you can't go outside. What are you doing that's making you so busy...

....existing? Breathing?

Their wool is their clothes I guess. If we sheared them then they'd be naked.

Bless this thread.
Here are mine:
- We get bedhead if we don't play, regardless if our house has a bed in it or not
- There are no bathrooms, so do all the villagers bathe and toilet in the river/ocean
- Where do bells even come from?
- Who puts bells and furniture in the trees?
- Why doesn't Isabelle sleep?
- How can villagers fish with no thumbs to hold the rod?
- Where do they buy the aquariums for the fish you catch them?
- How come trees and bushes grow as sprouts but flowers don't?
- How do the campers get to the campsite without even driving through your town?
- Where do the shops keep their stock?

Ugh I can keep going. I should stop.

Bless this thread.
Here are mine:
- We get bedhead if we don't play, regardless if our house has a bed in it or not
- There are no bathrooms, so do all the villagers bathe and toilet in the river/ocean
- How do the campers get to the campsite without even driving through your town?

Oh my, you raised so many points I had never thought of before... and now I won't sleep. ;v;

Bless this thread.
Here are mine:

The sad thing is, probably even Nintendo can't answer these questions x')

Oh my, you raised so many points I had never thought of before... and now I won't sleep. ;v;

I'm sorry, oh goodness.
Also try not to think of the fact that bees don't leave the hives unless you shake a tree, so flowers in town breed/pollinate for no apparent reason since the bees aren't doing it. >_> whoops

I sold a hamster cage to one of my cat villagers (iirc, it was Kid Cat) in my first animal crossing world. Never did see the hamster cage in his house afterward, either. Also, like... if I gave the hamster cage to an actual hamster village, the implications of that are possibly even more horrifying. Same goes for a bunch of other "pets" that you can give to other villagers. And sure enough, every opportunity I get to do something like this, I gladly pounce on it. At this point, I'm surprised my villagers aren't rising up against my evil ways by now. Or maybe they're just totally cool with the idea of owning each other.

Also, Tia bought a mammoth skull off of me and proudly displayed it in her house. I suppose behind that adorable teacup exterior lies a wicked heart. Ironically, she's afraid of skeletons!

HNI_0073.JPG

Back