Someone to judge my town?

tesss

𝐚𝐢𝐫𝐩𝐥&#119
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
I'm looking for someone to just visit my DA and judge my town It's certainly no where near completion but I'm doing well right now. Just, some things to note:

I have not started planting flower gardens, except for the white carnations by my house.
I don't have all my dreamies.
The paths I've laid down are temporary, once I can find more natural looking ones.

Anyways, my DA is 4C00-00A8-1BE9 , Mayor Tessa of Tarte. Please post your opinions/critiques below! :)

I can visit your DA in a little bit. Anything specific you want critiqued?

Not really, just my entire town in general. Maybe where I decided put the campsite/police station and other PWPs.

Not really, just my entire town in general. Maybe where I decided put the campsite/police station and other PWPs.

Do you have a thin skin?

Last edited:

Ok - I'm actually in your town right now. So far I love the way you're decorating the mayor's house and the path design you're using is perfect. I like where you put the lighthouse and love your perfect apple orchard setup. Your camping area is adorable! And the police station fits in with the pine trees and rustic feel of that area. You made it really easy to get around the town, I mean it seems like once you develop it some more, it's going to be fun to walk around and see everything.

Are you planning to do something with the yellow bench near the campsite area, or is it a placeholder? Is your town going to be a fall/forest theme? Or something else?

Ok - I'm actually in your town right now. So far I love the way you're decorating the mayor's house and the path design you're using is perfect. I like where you put the lighthouse and love your perfect apple orchard setup. Your camping area is adorable! And the police station fits in with the pine trees and rustic feel of that area. You made it really easy to get around the town, I mean it seems like once you develop it some more, it's going to be fun to walk around and see everything.

Are you planning to do something with the yellow bench near the campsite area, or is it a placeholder? Is your town going to be a fall/forest theme? Or something else?

Sorry for taking so long to reply! Thanks so much! And the bench is just a placeholder for when I get the log bench. I'm doing a foresty library type thing, which is why there's going to be several little reading spots and a librarian villager. I'm glad you like it so far! :)

Sorry for taking so long to reply! Thanks so much! And the bench is just a placeholder for when I get the log bench. I'm doing a foresty library type thing, which is why there's going to be several little reading spots and a librarian villager. I'm glad you like it so far! :)

Oh, perfect! I will definitely want to visit your DA again as you get things more developed. :lemon: Your theme idea is really cool!

Hey, I can visit and give feedback! I'll go back and edit this post when I get the chance to look at your dream town.

Okay! Thanks so much!

Hey, lol instead of editing my post I decided to reply to your comment. Hope that's ok.

Paths: Really liking the design around your town tree, and how it extends all around from it. They lead to locations in a very straightforward way.

Plants: Your perfect apple orchard looks great! Very neatly placed, with a nice touch of orange flowers. Love how the path expands to create a small "plaza" at the entrance. Alternating the red and white roses along the path also looks nice. I think it contrasts the brown and greens of your current path. Really liking the forest of pines surrounding the campsite. I think it would be cool to make the tree arrangement look more organic rather than grid-like. Tossing in a couple of bushes would probably help with this.

PWPs: For now, the PWPs (minus the campground and police stations) seem sporadic, but I think with time, plants, and paths, you can further contextualize the placements of the PWPs. The clock makes sense at the top of your town, but I'm not really understanding the water pump next to the river. The lamps next to the bridge work well, but I'm not understanding why the well is on the cliff next to the bridge. The biggest criticism for me would be context, but I think you have a vision in mind. I'd love to see where your town goes. It's a great start.

Mayor's house:

I really like how cozy your house feels. The fireplace with the pile of wood next to it... such a great, warm feeling. I think you did a great job adding the grandfather clock here, because it contributes to that warm, rustic feeling I get. I love your choices of furniture in this room, and the wallpaper and flooring also match the themes I see here.

Upstairs, I see a bit more bright, with colors and elegance. Colors I feel here are mostly cool toned, which makes the furniture work well with each other. The museum clock (I think that's what it is... sorry it's been a while since i've picked this game up again) seems a bit out of place just because the overall cool, refreshing theme of this room. The clock seems a bit warmer and would probably look better in a room themed more similarly to your main room.

Overall, I think you've got a great start for your town. I think the lower half of your town could benefit from more plants, but otherwise, I'm seeing a great theme with good potential for development.

Thanks so much! I appreciate it a lot, thanks for your feedback!

Back