• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What order do you visit rooms in?

Voldecourt

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Ruby
Isabelle
New Leaf Token
Kind of a silly question, but when you guys visit another persons house via dream address or streetpass, is there any specific order you visit the rooms in? I always visit the left room, back room, right room, upstairs, and downstairs in exactly that order. So does anyone else notice they always follow an exact order?

I promise there's actually a reason I'm asking this question. I'm trying to sort out what rooms should be where in my character houses for maximum impact and storytelling. I was going off by how I always visit but realized others may go in a different order.

Counterclockwise -> Basement -> 2nd floor.

No particular reason. =P

Counterclockwise, upstairs and than the basement. Left is last because the staircase for upstairs in on the left side. This way I don't miss a room.

If a villager drops by my house I go back, right, left, up and than downstairs.

It depends on the layout of the first room and what seems approachable or which room is closest after exploring the main room. I always leave the basement and upstairs room for last.

Thanks for the input! So far it seems like everyone tends to go for the right room before the left, and that's good to know! I guess I'm in the minority for going to the left first.

It depends on the layout of the first room and what seems approachable or which room is closest after exploring the main room. I always leave the basement and upstairs room for last.

Yup, this exactly. Thanks, fruitcup!

I just kinda choose a direction. check out all three rooms off the main room then i do the top floor then basement.

Main (obvi, lol), left, right, back, basement then second floor!

I always do second floor last because I've instinctually always put my heart and soul into my main room and second floor, and kinda taper out my energy to the side rooms and basement. So I guess by default I like to view other people's places that way too, assuming they have used my same method!

Never a specific order, I just make sure I hit all of the rooms! I'll start with the first floor rooms usually though i think. Depends on where I'm standing when they show up, I just go to whatever is nearest.

I haven't really thought about this, but I guess I do all the bottom rooms first then the second floor and basement. If I check out the main room and one other room and it doesn't look very interesting or complete to me, I'll just leave the house lol.

First the main room, then left, right, back, then up to the second floor and the basement
as the last one. I don't know, that's kinda my order since a while now.

I tend to do basement then second floor since the stairs are right there by the entrance, then clockwise around the first floor

I always visit the left room, back room, right room, upstairs, and downstairs in exactly that order.

That's what I do too. When you do the same thing each time, you're not going to forget which rooms you've checked out already.

Back