• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Quick Plot Resetting Guide! [step-by-step]

Paxx

~ ♥ Lazy ♥ ~
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Green Christmas Stocking
Red Pansy
Red Tulip
Pear (Fruit)
this is for those who don't want to read a long tutorial with a ton of information. it can get a little confusing sometimes. i narrowed it down to the main aspects of the trick! if you have a lot of questions or concerns, you can ask me or look up another tutorial with more info.

if i made any errors, let me know.

------------------------------------------

1. Once you know for sure the villager is moving in and you convinced them, you can wait a day, or time travel to the next day. (Note: if you are time traveling, time travel to about 5:50 AM in-game to the next day on your mayor profile, and then quickly log off. 6 AM starts a new day in ACNL. The game automatically saves when this happens, we don't want that!)

2. Important! Do not log onto your mayor profile! (unless you decided to time-travel and change the time in step 1) Start a new resident/profile. Skim through Rover's questions and arrive in the town. (if you arrived in town before 6 AM, in other words, too early, simply quit without saving and make a new resident again)

3. Begin looking for the villager's plot around town. Cover the areas you'd think they'd move to, and all of the map to be thorough.

4. Once you found the plot, decide whether you want to keep them there. If you decided it's the perfect spot, congrats! If not, leave the game without saving and repeat steps 2-3.

5. After finding the spot you want, head over to town hall and talk to Isabelle. Complete the tasks she gives you and get yourself a home. This is the only way to save the game!

6. Once you gain the ability to save your game, select "save and quit" and you're done. You can demolish your resident's house afterwards if you don't want them.

------------------------------------------

i hope i helped some people! :'D​

1, how do i skip rover's questions ?

2, i have a villager who plots her house is 5 out of the 6 possible places for about 2 days now.
how can i let her move faster to the 6th place and finally play my game again ?

I've done tons of plot resetting, but I've never understood the whole 5:50/6:00 a.m. thing.

For example, let's say I have a villager moving in on the 10th. I play my game on the 9th, then save and quit whenever I'm done, no matter what the time of day. Then I either TT to the next day or just wait until the next day to play, create a new character without loading up my mayor, and look for a plot, as you described. Why do so many people recommend saving at exactly 5:50 a.m.? I understand that the new day starts at 6, but how is that better than saving at, say, 9:45 p.m. on the 9th and then plot resetting on the 10th at whatever time I happen to play? Does it have something to do with changing 3DS time vs. changing the in-game clock? (I only ever TT using the 3DS clock.)

1, how do i skip rover's questions ?

2, i have a villager who plots her house is 5 out of the 6 possible places for about 2 days now.
how can i let her move faster to the 6th place and finally play my game again ?

1. i said skim, not skip haha. in other words, move quickly through rover's questions. it doesn't matter what you answer, unless you actually care about your resident's look and you're keeping him/her.

2. are you sure this 6th place has enough room? maybe patterns are blocking her from moving in that spot. otherwise, all i can tell you is to keep trying and maybe they'll eventually move there. it can get really frustrating sometimes. next time, i recommend putting down patterns on areas where you don't want villagers moving to! (thanks to the amiibo update) this won't work, however, if there is no other possible areas for them to move to, so keep that in mind.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I've done tons of plot resetting, but I've never understood the whole 5:50/6:00 a.m. thing.

For example, let's say I have a villager moving in on the 10th. I play my game on the 9th, then save and quit whenever I'm done, no matter what the time of day. Then I either TT to the next day or just wait until the next day to play, create a new character without loading up my mayor, and look for a plot, as you described. Why do so many people recommend saving at exactly 5:50 a.m.? I understand that the new day starts at 6, but how is that better than saving at, say, 9:45 p.m. on the 9th and then plot resetting on the 10th at whatever time I happen to play? Does it have something to do with changing 3DS time vs. changing the in-game clock? (I only ever TT using the 3DS clock.)

saving the game before 6 AM only implies if you are Time-traveling to the next day and are impatient to wait a day real time. otherwise, if you are waiting, it doesn't matter what time you save at the day before. i use the in-game clock to TT, i never heard of using the 3DS clock to do that so maybe it's different?

Last edited:
IMAG0098.jpg

The flower batch on the right, is big enough ( cause I've had other villagers move onto similar spots around my town

a villager's plot takes up 3 spaces across, and 3 spaces long-ways. it looks like it could fit, but i don't know if it has to do with it being a tight fit. like i said, this game can be frustrating in its ways. you could either keep trying (shutting off your 3DS, and turning it on again) or to make do with the spots she chooses.

Last edited:
it destroys flowers, trees and bushes if i make due with anything else.
and i dn't want that

it destroys flowers, trees and bushes if i make due with anything else.
and i dn't want that

i don't know what to tell you then. if you're bent on getting her to move in that one place, all i can say is to listen to some music as you keep trying at it. believe me, i'd get tired of ACNL's music quick when doing this. lmao

It ddnt work for me ;-; im abt to just give up on caring where a villager plops down. Even with the pattern guide, theyre still moving over my patterns. Looks like i cnt have a perfect town unless i jst hack it.

Edit: Ok seems it work, but theyre still moving over my patterns ;_; thnk u for the guide anyway.

Last edited:
Back