• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

reporting a scammer

Gren

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Where do I do it?

I feel sick after they stole all my stuff. Tools. Bells. Wet suits. Then caught them using it at their own town and kicked me out after saying "mine now ahaha"

All because I was gonna restart I trusted her.

I'm so sorry that happened to you. Unfortunately when you invite people into your town or drop your items off at someone else's town, you run the risk of them being a person who will steal from you. I hope this doesn't dissuade you for continuing to trade on here since the majority of the people on here are very trustworthy.

The only thing you can do it give them a negative wifi rating. I don't think there is a place to report them.

Last edited:
i'm sorry to hear such a thing has happened to you.
as the person above me says, i also hope that such an experience doesn't dissuade you from trading and hanging out with us.

maybe next time when someone steals from you, just go to their town and ''steal'' your stuff back from them and delete their FC afterwards. ( so they cannot come back to you town to do more damage )

i also had some one ruined my town and stolen some of my stuff.
so i stole everything back, left, and deleted their friendcode.

there is unfortunately nothing else you can do about it.

but i'm sure there are people out here who have ( some of ) the stuff you lost to a thief.
and are willing to give/sell it to you

That's awful. :(

Some people just have no reguard for others. If you need anything, bells etc, I'm happy to help.

ugh, i hate people like that! luckily, if you still have their friend code and mayor name, you should report them so no one else gets to experience this.

That sucks and I'm so sorry that happened! I'd leave a negative rating and maybe report them to the mods or something? I'm not sure how much they can do, but I think it's worth a shot.

Last edited:
put a thread up in contact the staff. they will help you there :) good luck! p.s i can get you some bells if your need them!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I just checked your all post but where's the scam there? just curious

i think they mean scam as in stolen from. smh

well if they're not a member of this site, you can't do anything. I really wonder how they got your tools though.... you really shouldn't drop anything like that unless you're going to trade.

But yeah if they're a tbt member, go to their page, go to the wifi feedback, and leave a negative rating, then in the details for staff section, give as much detail as you can on the incident. I know I would never trade with anyone with less than a 100% rating. If I were you I would've screencapped anything they said in game too.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Why are you shaking your head lol, they mean they're looking for the thread where the scam took place. I think most people understand scam=theft. If the scam took place off site, there's nothing to be done.

I'm guessing you aren't talking about reporting someone on this site but in the game in general? Like directly with Nintendo?

If i'm understanding correctly, there really isn't a way to do that unfortunately. As sad as it sounds, when you let anyone into your town you are putting everything at risk. So sorry to hear that it happened to you, I hope that you have better luck with people coming to your town from now on! : (

Last edited:
well if they're not a member of this site, you can't do anything. I really wonder how they got your tools though.... you really shouldn't drop anything like that unless you're going to trade.

But yeah if they're a tbt member, go to their page, go to the wifi feedback, and leave a negative rating, then in the details for staff section, give as much detail as you can on the incident. I know I would never trade with anyone with less than a 100% rating. If I were you I would've screencapped anything they said in game too.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Why are you shaking your head lol, they mean they're looking for the thread where the scam took place. I think most people understand scam=theft. If the scam took place off site, there's nothing to be done.
im shaking my head "lol" because the people on this thread are almost no help (well not everyone) ok so stay out of it. again, smh

It's hard for anyone to steal anything of value in Animal Crossing. Do you happen to leave golden tools littered around your town or something?

Anyway, seeing as it was your "friend" who did this, according to your other thread, just ask for it back? They're probably just toying with you.

Nintendo don't care if your stuff was stolen, especially as friend codes are in place so only those you trust can visit and when you have your gates open. In future, be more cautious and flick that WiFi switch if anything's suspicious.

im shaking my head "lol" because the people on this thread are almost no help (well not everyone) ok so stay out of it. again, smh

Uhm, ok, well people pretty accurately explained the reporting system, and the reality is we can't do anything if the trade took place off of tbt, such as in a place like reddit or discord. People are being plenty helpful, there is simply nothing that can be done. What help do you want people to give in thread? if you have any suggestions fire away, if you have any advice on how to help op, I'm sure it'd be welcome.

put a thread up in contact the staff. they will help you there :) good luck! p.s i can get you some bells if your need them!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Why shake your head? Scam is same a stolen. smh

Hi all, please stay on topic here. Let's not get sidetracked into an argument about shaking heads.

As for reporting a scammer, like others have said, if they are a member of the forum you can give them a negative feedback rating.

That's awful! I can confirm this has happened to me before with hybrids but I managed to get all of them back thanks to my generous friends. That's why I follow any visitors in my town who are coming for the first time because I can't risk having my items stolen and my town destroyed. :(

Like Jeremy said, there's no need to fight over such a silly thing when there's a more serious problem on hand.

Unfortunately, if they're not a member of TBT, there's not much you can do. If you ever catch their gates open, go over and try to talk things out. If it was your friend, they were likely messing with you and will give it back if you ask. If not, there's really nothing you can do. Nintendo put in friend codes for stuff like this, and you put everything at risk by trusting someone with your stuff or in your town. Members on here are extremely generous, however, so you can get all of your things back in no time :)

If they were a member, give them negative Wi-Fi rating and maybe alert some of the staff, however there's only so much that they can do, since they likely can't force the player to give the stuff back.

If you need anything, I have IGB I can spare :)

Where do I do it?

I feel sick after they stole all my stuff. Tools. Bells. Wet suits. Then caught them using it at their own town and kicked me out after saying "mine now ahaha"

All because I was gonna restart I trusted her.

I also am so sorry that happened to you. Similar to real life, a violation has occurred. ACNL is just a game, but we are real live people here on this forum. Yes, contact the staff is a sub-forum of Bell Tree HQ. You should report them. There is something that can be done, perhaps not to directly recover what you lost, but to prevent them from continuing to steal from others if they are on TBT.

Back