• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What in the heck? how???

HappyTails

On Indefinite Hiatus
Orange 🍊
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
I didn't want this villager! How did he move in when i had 9 villagers????? What the heck happened!!!!! I thought villagers don't randomly move in if you have 9 villagers. This totally ruined what I was planning on doing. I am so mad right now. Good thing he didn't move in a spot that is going to ruin my town but I wanted Tutu not this ugly gorilla. Now I have 3 jocks in my town!!! Why????

22549889_361767010932243_8449263490572095885_n.jpg

I'm too mad and this totally turned me off from playing. We are 'supposed' to be the mayor but we have no say in ANYTHING.

Did you recently visit another town? Maybe you got him from the void, because of Streetpass.

oh, you're the one who says they aren't going to buy anything from anyone so you probably didn't get him from the void.

bad luck maybe? :p

Last edited:
They do move in when you have nine. Sometimes it takes longer for a tenth to move in. I'd say greet him when he moves in so he'll tell you when he's leaving . And then ignore him.

I didn't visit anyone. Someone came and visited me yesterday though to get a villager.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Boone is one of the best villagers in this game. He is in no way ugly.

I'm sure he's cool and all but right now, he's at the receiving end of my anger because I didn't want him, I wanted Tutu.

I didn't visit anyone. Someone came and visited me yesterday though to get a villager.

Well, there you have it - you got struck by the void.

I got struck so many times by visiting players, and always unintentionally. From this, I never - repeat, never - invite people into my town unless I have 10 villagers. I'm so sorry it happened to you... -_-

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm sure he's cool and all but right now, he's at the receiving end of my anger because I didn't want him, I wanted Tutu.

Tutu is bad. I had her in my Gamecube town.

this is what happened to me. i visited my sister's town and coco moved in, but luckily, in a spot worth fitting. im doing the 16 villager cycle anyway so i need someone to kick out
good luck getting them to move!

Last edited:
You can get villagers people's voids when they visit you? I thought you had to visit other people to get voided villagers. Well at least I now that's not the case now.

One good thing is that he didn't move into a bad spot, he actually plotted in spot I had designated for a house so he didn't ruin any of my flowers, trees or bushes. I didn't plot reset because I was not expecting him. It's really annoying that I have 3 jock villagers in my town and no peppy or normal villagers.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I like Tutu and I'd rather have her in my town than Boone but we can agree to disagree.

I'm not going to treat him badly. I'll treat him like I treat my other villagers. I really wanted Tutu. Whatever he'll move out eventually. Nothing I can do about it now, unfortunately.

Last edited:
Well the good thing about this, is you learned something new. I wish you luck kicking him out asap.

you might like boone and despise tutu, but i'm sure happytails doesn't mind her considering she wanted her to move in c:

everyone has their own tastes in villagers. for example, a lot of people love marshal but i don't really care for him

You can get villagers people's voids when they visit you? I thought you had to visit other people to get voided villagers. Well at least I now that's not the case now.

One good thing is that he didn't move into a bad spot, he actually plotted in spot I had designated for a house so he didn't ruin any of my flowers, trees or bushes. I didn't plot reset because I was not expecting him. It's really annoying that I have 3 jock villagers in my town and no peppy or normal villagers.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I like Tutu and I'd rather have her in my town than Boone but we can agree to disagree.

I'm not going to treat him badly. I'll treat him like I treat my other villagers. I really wanted Tutu. Whatever he'll move out eventually. Nothing I can do about it now, unfortunately.

I like Tutu, too, so I'm with you. v.v

The best thing to do is to move a different villager out than Boone first, get Tutu moved in, then try to get Boone moved after that. I find recent move-ins so much harder to wait for, so this advise will ease your pains for a while.

I don't dislike Boone. He's just the unfortunate soul who my anger is currently directed at.

I also have too many males in my town.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I like Tutu, too, so I'm with you. v.v

The best thing to do is to move a different villager out than Boone first, get Tutu moved in, then try to get Boone moved after that. I find recent move-ins so much harder to wait for, so this advise will ease your pains for a while.

Okay, I'll try that. Recent move in's and villager you want gone, don't move fast enough.
Yeah, I like Tutu's eyes. For some reason those black dots just make me smile. I really wish I had her instead. Oh well. :(

- - - Post Merge - - -

Thank you everyone for your suggestions and good luck wishes. I know it's probably silly as heck to get as mad as I did over a virtual town on a video game but for reason I can't understand, this really irked me.

I'm calming down though. I'm still a bit annoyed but not nearly as angry as I was when I posted this thread.

Well lesson was indeed learned. If I have 10 villagers and one is moving out, can't give that villager away to someone at the risk of getting someone's void villager. But if I have 9 villagers and one is moving out, it's safe to let someone visit to get the villager.

Last edited:
Oh, Happy, I'm sorry this happened... :(
Let me clarify it for you though, so it'll never happen again: if you have a villager in boxes (doesn't matter how many are there in total) the game counts as if you have a space open. That means that any online activities do have the risk of attracting voided villagers.
But it's ok to let people adopt from you if their voids are clean - they must have visited another town (other than yours, obviously) after their last villager moved out.
I have 2 towns, so now I always ask people to visit the one that's full before they come to the one who has someone boxed up for the adoption, that way the space will remain open.
Sorry that happened and from now on always make sure anyone's void is clear before they come to your town when you have someone boxed up. :)

One thing that has personally worked for me is talking just once to the villager you don't want then ignoring them forever until they move. Ignore their pings too and just never interact with them. I've found they tend to move out faster if you do that. (sidenote it's worked for me but may not be the case for you idk, but you can try, nothing to lose!)

One thing that has personally worked for me is talking just once to the villager you don't want then ignoring them forever until they move. Ignore their pings too and just never interact with them. I've found they tend to move out faster if you do that. (sidenote it's worked for me but may not be the case for you idk, but you can try, nothing to lose!)

Your town's name is "the void"? That'd be really interesting if a villager moved in unexpectedly to someone's town and when the player talked to them they'd say "I came from The Void"... like, literally. x)

Oh, Happy, I'm sorry this happened... :(
Let me clarify it for you though, so it'll never happen again: if you have a villager in boxes (doesn't matter how many are there in total) the game counts as if you have a space open. That means that any online activities do have the risk of attracting voided villagers.
But it's ok to let people adopt from you if their voids are clean - they must have visited another town (other than yours, obviously) after their last villager moved out.
I have 2 towns, so now I always ask people to visit the one that's full before they come to the one who has someone boxed up for the adoption, that way the space will remain open.
Sorry that happened and from now on always make sure anyone's void is clear before they come to your town when you have someone boxed up. :)

Okay, I'll try to keep this in mind. So I just ask them if they had a villager move out recently or in boxes?

For some reason, ignoring them never worked for me. When I treat them like I do my other villagers, they tend to move out quicker. That's what happened with Rocket. She was one for the first random move ins and I didn't like the spot she moved into but I still treated her nicely and she moved out a week after she moved in. Whereas when I act mean or ignore a villager, they tend to take forever to move out.

Your town's name is "the void"? That'd be really interesting if a villager moved in unexpectedly to someone's town and when the player talked to them they'd say "I came from The Void"... like, literally. x)

LOL I just noticed that too.

Last edited:
Back