• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What game makes you nostalgic?

Super Mario World/Splatterhouse: I just remember clearly, age 4, being in the flat of my step dad (mums boyfriend at the time) and him sitting down with me playing those two games specifically. They've always held a special place. Especially with Splatterhouse being 'what it is', I always end up playing that at least once a year at Halloween.

Banjo-Kazooie: I don't always remember where my games came from, especially on older systems, but my dad turned up on my birthday one year and handed me this god damn gem outta nowhere. Didn't know what it was, I didn't specifically ask for it, but it's one of my all time favourites and I'm glad I can at least remember where/when I got this one.

Final Fantasy X: VIII holds a special place of being my first FF game, but X came along when I had a small group of friends who also liked the series. It was a different experience going through X for the first time and seeing friends every day to see where they were up to and what parts I had missed compared to VIII where it was just me myself and I.

Metal Gear Solid 3: Again, like Final Fantasy X, I was already a fan of the series but this fell at a time where I had friends who were also into it. Speculating for months before release what we would be able to do in the game, trading stories of what stuff we got up to in the game, arguing over whether or not people were lying about their experience (which with all the weird little details in that game, it turned out nobody was). Good times.

Runescape: I mean, c'mon. If you grew up in the 90'\s, you should remember seeing somebody (or being the somebody) buying a girlfriend for 10 gold in Varrock. Runescape was my first step into MMO's, a genre where I've almost always been playing at least one of since.

Early NES-games like Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda, Kid Icarus, Pinball and Popeye.

Probably Mystical Ninja Staring Goemon for the N64. For some reason thinking about that game transports me back to the time when I played it when it first came out. The music for that game is permanently embedded into my mind lmao

pokemon pearl and diamond was the first pokemon games I've played, so playing them or platnium feels very strange, def using Piplup as that was the first starter I ever used (never did so well with it so I'm trying again since I know alot more about what to do now).
Crash Bandicoot as well, theres also cooking mama and a game where you're a teacher for younger kids. Damn it feels weird rememerning those games XD

Are there any games that you loved as a child - and when you revisit it, it evokes feelings of nostalgia?

A game I absolutely adored as a child is ROBLOX. I barely play it now as a sixth form student, since I have so little time and the updates that the game has undergone is enough to drive me away from it anyway.

Animal crossing for me, and yeah igy entering Sixth Form, all my free time almost gone! ;0;

Back