• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What game makes you nostalgic?

Webkinz! It was all the rage when I was in elementary school. All the cool kids had them and they were always the top topic of discussion at recess. That and Club Penguin were pretty big.

At birthday parties (which the entire grade would be invited to), the best present you could give was a Webkinz. I still remember my crush at the the time giving me a Cow Webkinz for my birthday...

If we're talking video games and not online games, I'd say Wii Sports is pretty nostalgic for me. I loved playing bowling and tennis, especially with my Dad.

Online would have to be Club Penguin. I'm very thankful that Club Penguin rewritten is a thing so I can revisit it every so often!

I also have fond memories of Croc on the ps1, Dewy's adventure for the Wii and Pokemon Diamond.

Definitely the old Spyro and Crash Bandicoot games. The first game system I ever owned was a Playstation, and I used to spend hours playing the Spyro games. Rypto's Rage was the first game I ever beat 100%. Also I just got the remastered Crash Bandicoot games on PS4 and the nostalgia is crazy, though some of the things they updated are frustrating. Also, Rayman. I used to watch my Aunt Nora play Rayman when I was like 6, I still really suck at the game myself lmao but I love the music and the level and character design.

For computer games, definitely the Sims and Diablo II. My grandfather got all of us kids into Diablo and Diablo II was what really got me into PC gaming (and lead down the slippery slope to World of Warcraft etc).

Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire was extremely nostalgic for me since Emerald was my first Pokemon game

Uhhh Animal Crossing GameCube!

Also Sims 2-3, Wii Sports, Smash Bros. Melee, and I'm sure plenty more that I can't think of at the moment.

weirdly, ace attorney. it's strange because i only started playing it myself like, last year (maybe a year and a half ago, i don't remember). though i do remember seeing my brother play it...
but yeah aa is v v nostalgic for me especially the first game. though maybe it's bc im kin w phoenix....

though games like zelda (specifically windwaker, twilight princess) also make me nostalgic because i used to watch my brothers play those. super mario galaxy too, even. idk just a lot of games my brothers played kind of!

Pokemon XD, I would play that game for hours on end. I loved the music, 3D world, and gameplay (even though I was HORRIBLE at it). I recently started a new save and I fell in love with the game all over again.

The first three Spyro games. Imo it is the best game series to come out on the PlayStation

pokemon platinum, pokemon ranger shadows of almia, and pokemon mystery dungeon explorers of sky are all huge nostalgia hitters for me.

Last edited:
I would say Super Mario 64, but I've been playing that game my whole life.

Although it does give me memories of when I got a new N64 back in 2011, and I played that and Mario Party 1 all the time. Those were good times.

I'm going to say Pok?mon Emerald because this is the first Pok?mon game I beat the Elite Four in. I never really tried it in other games, but I did for Emerald because I really wanted to see the Battle Frontier. I remember losing to the Rayquaza a ton of times because I was like 30 levels below it just so I could use Rayquaza to beat the dragon trainer. lol

It is really difficult to just pick one... :T I mean... So many games yet so little time. If I had to pick one then I would pick .hack//G.U. (PlayStation 2). It really brings back a lot of memories... I remembered all the times where I wanted to fully complete the game. It was kind of a struggle to complete, but it was worth it in the end. I would play it again; however, I'll need to buy new plugs and a PS2 memory card. Yeah... I had lost my PS2 memory card, so I would definitely need a new one.

Nostalgic? Probably Super Mario Bros. 3. I played the hell outta that game when I was kid. And when I was a teenager, probably a tie between FFIX and FFX.

Back