• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What game makes you nostalgic?

Ahh yes, the nostalgia hits me very hard and sometimes I’d even cry because of nostalgia... don’t blame me haha.
Anyways, 1) Mario Kart Wii. Even looking back at images of it on the internet blasts my head with nostalgia. I had so much memories of playing it, I dedicated so much of my time and life to that game. I remember doing time trials and trying extremely hard to see how the hackers who got into first place on the world leaderboard in the time trials did the courses and where they used their mushrooms. Honestly, I remember playing Mario Kart Wii with my whole family. Me, my mum, my brother, and my dad would always enjoy playing it. I still remember trying to get tips from the internet on how to unlock specific characters and vehicles... ahh, you would not believe my face when I first got the dolphin dasher, haha. Oh, and you would cringe so hard at my reaction to unlocking Rosalina. When I unlocked Rosalina as a character, I got up and started jumping around and I called my whole family to come and look at who I unlocked, lol. I can still remember that my favourite character to ride with all the time was Daisy, along with the Mach bike. I still remember the days where we’d play online, and they’d be so many hackers and in my opinion, they were fun to compete against. I even won against a hacker by taking all the possible shortcuts in Maple Treeway.

Crash Bandicoot: Warped, my first video game EVER. :')

And The Sims 2.

Last edited:
Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland on the GBA. It was the first game that I bought (not inherited) and fell in love with. I was really young at the time, like 7 or 8.

Also, another game that makes me nostalgic is Mario Kart DS. I have basically been playing DS for all my life, it was a very fun console to play and in my opinion, always entertained me. One specific game I’ve always been playing was Mario kart DS. I still remember the graphics and when I always thought that the graphics were the BEST. But compared to the Nintendo Switch’s graphics, it looks really bad compared to it, lol. But I still remember those times where I was always customising my vehicle. To be honest, I kind of miss that feature. I always wanted to decorate my vehicles in the past games but they took that feature away, and now they have the default character icon. I always remember the times on my DS and I remember meeting people on pictochat as well. Does anybody else remember that? Well yeah, I’d also always use DS Download Play with my brother so that we can both play Mario kart DS. It was probably my favourite time playing with my brother. I always remember playing in the versus race and Grand Prix.

Pokemon Sapphire, Sonic Riders, and Animal Crossing City Folk, three of some of my favorite games of all time!

I actually really loved Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games, I swear that was probably my favourite game in all of the Sega series (even though Nintendo released the game, haha). The variety of sports gave me a deep interest and I never got bored of it. Having both Mario and Sonic characters to choose from at first drove me in and left me laying with my favourite characters. I really liked Blaze, Vector, Shadow, and Dr Eggman to play as in the Sonic side, and I loved to play as Wario, Waluigi, Daisy, and Yoshi on Mario’s side. My favourite sports to do were Gymnasics, and I normally did Trampoline with Peach, and Vault with Blaze. I also loved to do Track and Field events, specifically Pole Vault with Mario, Long Jump with Dr Eggman, Triple Jump with Tails (I still remember him going “hop, step, jump!’ whenever he was jumping... his voices are still in my head to this day), Hammer Throw with Wario, Javelin Throw with Yoshi, and High Jump with Vector. I loved using Peach for single swimming, and I’d usually make a team of Sonic/Mario/Shadow/Luigi for the 4 by 100 metres swimming. I remember EVERYTHING from this game. Aside from Mario Kart Wii, this is probably the game I’ve spent so much time and effort playing. Also, I’m sorry that I keep posting at random times for different games lol, I’m cleaning my house and I found some of these games in my little treasures box. Unfortunately, our game of Mario and Sonic At The Olympic Games stopped working and whenever we put it in the Wii’s disk reader, it’ll say that the game is an invalid disk. :C

super mario sunshine, mario and luigi superstar saga, and earthbound. earthbound has the most nostalgia for me and it has a close place to my heart <3

Spongebob’s Boating Bash was a very interesting and nostalgic game for me. I bought it because I was curious to know about it and I love SpongeBob because he’s funny and memey, so I decided to try it. It also looked interesting and it was so, so funny when I was playing with my family. SpongeBob’s Boating Bash was an off-road car game for the Wii. You could choose between a selection of lots of SpongeBob characters such as Mr Krabs, Sandy, SpongeBob himself, Patrick, Squidward, plankton and Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy. There was so many vehicles to choose from as you unlock them and some of them looked really good to me. And no, it wasn’t any normal stunt and racing car game, I thought it was really interesting and well thought of because it also had a storyline and missions to do to complete the story. I can very roughly remember the storyline, but I still remember that it was about SpongeBob who had a Boating teacher, who at the end of the game, cheats on you so you have to race the Boating teacher to win. I think the teachers name was Ceylon or something. You could also play freestyle, so you could choose your map and your objective and play whatever you want. My favourite alternative to play with my family was to smash your car the most and wreck it all up. It was really chaotic.

Ahh that's a lot considering I'm not that young now lol. But I feel all the nostalgia by listening to music/soundtrack/sound effect from the games I used to play when I was younger.

The Sims, The Chronicles of Jaruu Tenk, Pokemon Red and Blue, Ape Escape, Kingdom Hearts, Harvest Moon Friends of Mineral Town, and lots lots more. When you think about it, it makes you really want to go back into the past and replay those games :D

Advance Wars
Golden Sun
Super Mario Sunshine
Skies of Arcadia

Spyro and Harvest Moon for the gameboy

Well, I really liked Imagine Teachers for the original DS, on the R4. Sometimes I wouldn’t understand the quests and I’d fail my seating for the students completely, and I remember always failing the potery subject. Spinning the Potter’s wheel was hard that time. I remember getting new students and cleaning the classroom after school, and also finding students’ lost belongings. I didn’t get to advance through the game that much though, because I broke my DS.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Well, I really liked Imagine Teachers for the original DS, on the R4. Sometimes I wouldn?t understand the quests and I?d fail my seating for the students completely, and I remember always failing the potery subject. Spinning the Potter?s wheel was hard that time. I remember getting new students and cleaning the classroom after school, and also finding students? lost belongings. I didn?t get to advance through the game that much though, because I broke my DS.

Pok?mon Colosseum and Gale of Darkness. So many beautiful memories. I still smile when I read “It seems to have travelled across both space and time to reach you from a distant land.” in a Pok?mon’s menu screen. My favourite Honchkrow and Houndoom are both former shadow Pok?mon from these games~

Last edited:
There were these old spongebob games my siblings and I used to play. They make me pretty nostalgic.

THUG2.
that entire soundtrack reminds me of my damn childhood.

Animal Crossing: Wild World. And also Animal Crossing for the GameCube, not because I played it when I was younger (I was a year old when it was released), but because it just feels nostalgic, if you know what I mean?

Pokemon Leaf Green/Fire Red and Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire, Sonic Adventure 2:Battle. I guess they're some of the few that do seem to have aged gracefully. Also kinda semi-nostalgic, the Monster Hunter series - it's only been 7-10 years with the games on PSP, but they were some of the best times I ever had in gaming, was just a shame the PSP versions never got online multiplayer. Oh, and MGS:portable Ops+ on PSP too, it was the very first online game I put any serious time into, made a lot of friends there, but the servers got shut down 2009, 2010ish - it was virtually dead anyway, especially since people used cheats to raise their kill count stupidly high, but still feels good/sad when I run around old familiar places on there in singleplayer.

Back