• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

wiping your town

EvieEvening23

Queen of Ducks
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
May Birthstone (Emerald)
April Birthstone (Diamond)
March Birthstone (Aquamarine)
February Birthstone (Amethyst)
January Birthstone (Garnet)
have you ever just wiped your whole entire town? like you stored every single flower, and clover into your secret storage, rubbed out all qr codes on the ground, destroyed your pwps, and move out all of your current villagers? I feel like I wrecked my town senseless from trying to move out just one stubborn villager by TTing and my paths are starting to look boring, my villagers are getting boring, following the same paths is boring, my human residents need to have decorated homes for once in their life time, etc.

I gotta say, my new and improved town is giving me flashbacks from when I first started my rule as mayor back in July. Time to go sneak around in tons of dream towns again...

I never whiped it completely clean, but I did remove all the paths ones.

I attempted to do this with my very first town after I came back from a year hiatus. I was maybe 5? PWPs away from a clean slate and I had kicked away most of my pathways. In the end I just decided to reset because I wasn't feeling inspired to continue with the town. I ended up doing a flower giveaway and voiding most of my villagers because I was too impatient to wait for people to adopt them :p In the end I am happy with my decision, even though I was like "Oh God what have I done" a couple days later. I got over it pretty quickly. This was also before the amiibo update so prospects of rebuilding my town with new villagers didn't inspire me. I just wanted to wipe my town just cause.

I also just did what I have heard called a "fresh start." Not quite as drastic as what it sounds like you did, but almost everything except kick out all villagers. Two pinged to leave and I said a resounding "yes!" I couldn't part with Apollo, Fang and Octavian; the rest, plus my two new ones, are just fine with me.

I did erase all paths, cut down most trees, dug up most bushes, changed all three bridges (moved two), demolished about 4 PWP's so far (about 4 more are going to bite the dust soon), moving two PWP's, completely emptied mayor's house even including putting paths on walls and floors, lol. I didn't have any extra characters but have put down path patterns where I want at least two.

I eliminated all pink, black and purple flowers (don't ask me why...). My town already feels fresh and new and even exciting to see how it will turn out. I love dreaming in towns, too, to get ideas to compliment my own.

I'm happy I did it, and even happier I didn't reset. I like the layout despite dreaming of having a diagonal waterfall and perfect oranges in a town someday. AND despite the NINE ROCKS! Not exaggerating! (Those of you with less than NINE can be forever thankful!) Tbh, though, the rocks don't bother me that much...they are just a fact that can be dealt with and worked around. :rolleyes: So, yes, worth it on many levels!

I've come close to wiping my town. I heavily revamped my first town, got a bunch of new villagers (only keeping my favorites), changed my landscaping, and tore down a town of pwps. I'm glad I did.

I usually do this towards he start. I remove all trees and everything. And then end up with the ugly big flower that has the flies all around it.

Last edited:
I usually do this towards he start. I remove all trees and everything. And then end up with the ugly big flower that has the flies all around it.

oh that's the rafflesia. I'm only not touching my trees because of this reason.

It's a good way to catch flies for you museum though, if you need it.

I prefer the rotten turnip method.

That flower has scarred me since the day I got Wild World. That's why I never go to a certain section in the bug exhibit.

I've thought about it but I've had the same town since I bought the game (which was apparently five years ago wow!) but I'm too attached to it so I just bought another copy of the game instead

I sold a ton of my flowers once because they were pretty much covering everything. Except now villagers plant random flowers I don't want because of beautiful ordinance. I have also changed my paths once from a QR code to one I made myself. I don't think I could demolish everything in my town though.

Thought I was the only one who wanted to steer clear of the rafflesia! It looks so ugly and seeing pictures of it in real life makes my skin crawl.
I've started chopping down loads of trees in my town, and rearranging them. I'm always too scared to completely demolish everything incase I don't like the end result but I've just went for it this time.

I have not done that, though I have thought about it with a few of my towns that I am less than satisfied with. However, rather than taking that drastic measure, I just worked harder on the towns. I landscaped them, laid tiles, added a few more PWP's here and there and ultimately was extremely pleased with the results. Now if I had only one or two towns, I may have wiped them for a fresh start, but with thirteen towns, there is a lot of freedom experimenting with different ideas, landscapes, maps, villagers, themes and so on.

I've wiped my town before. It's kind of sad but it's also fun to start over and create a new town.

Back