So for a while, I enacted the Bell Boom ordinance...

Lanstar

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
March Birthstone (Aquamarine)
The Bell Tree World Championship 2021 Patch
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
Blue Star Fragment
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
Summer Shell
Blue Hybrid Rose
Love Ball
Blue Candy
Blue Hybrid Pansy
Hello everyone,

This week, I wanted to create some Gold Roses from my Black ones, so I decided to switch to the Bell Boom ordinance. Today, I switch back to the Beautiful ordinance after getting 28 of them successfully.

My thoughts and notes:

-It took a very long time just to water my whole town - like 45 minutes to an hour each day to do it. I found that the Silver Can came in handy to speed up the process over the Gold Can.

-I found that this new ordinance increased the price of all the items you sold by 20%, but all shops increase their item prices the same amount. But the worse part, though: Items on the Island costed 20% more medals - yet the number of medals you get from tours doesn't increase at all in the process...

-My second character suffered the wrath of the cockroaches the first day I enacted this ordinance - even though I usually play as her each day, and keep her home tidy. :(

-I'm confident about saying this: Some flowers wilted on me even when I *did* water them! I can't quite say why, but it spooks me to think that skipping one day could make you lose a Blue Rose or other rare flower.

Overall, I'm not doing that again, and I'm not sure towns like we have now could be made as easily in older games where the Beautiful Ordinance never existed. It makes me appreciate this power we have a lot more! ^.^

I remember when I played ACNL for the first time, and I did the same thing, except it wasn't to get golden roses, it was just to get more money to pay off my house faster (I didn't know about the island bugs being so valuable). It was cool for a day or two, until more flowers started growing my town and I decided I didn't have the patience to water them all. :p

I wish you could enact two ordinances as a reward for having a perfect town or something, but I guess that'd be too OP. Not to mention, the beautiful town ordinance is pretty OP on its own.

Haha I really love all the research you did for this! (and others, like the lucky item thing) thanks for sharing! That really sucks about the medals though, because they are already a chore to get. I tried the night owl town for a while and found watering all my flowers to be unbearable as well. I changed it back when the wiltered flowers I watered disappeared too.

I never cared for bell boom, I enacted it just to see why people were so particular about having it when selling premium fruits, i wasn't impressed. Worst 20k I've spent in the game.

Haha I really love all the research you did for this! (and others, like the lucky item thing) thanks for sharing! That really sucks about the medals though, because they are already a chore to get. I tried the night owl town for a while and found watering all my flowers to be unbearable as well. I changed it back when the wiltered flowers I watered disappeared too.

...The wilted flowers you watered also disappeared?! O.O

Okay - That's really spooky. And with all my Blue Roses everywhere... I'm glad I changed it back today.

I'm also glad I could help you all with my information!

I wish you could enact two ordinances as a reward for having a perfect town or something, but I guess that'd be too OP. Not to mention, the beautiful town ordinance is pretty OP on its own.

I think ordinances could really be expanded on, and rewarding the right to more ordinances would be wonderful! It wouldn't have to be just 2 of the 4 we have now - maybe in future games, we could have more kinds of ordinances, such as "Verdant ground", "Big Fish", "Bug Sanctuary", or even new ordinances that are just split from the Beautiful one. :)

Last edited:
Yeah :( some of the wilted ones just died even though I watered them. It happened a couple times while I had a non-beautiful ordinance on. It's pretty scary thinking about losing my hybrids haha.

Ooof, that seems so not worth it! I buy a lot more than I sell each day so it wouldn't be worth it for me. I usually buy everything available in my shops and resell them to retail which is already more costly than it's worth, but it seems like I'd be getting an even worse deal doing that.

When I first got New Leaf I enacted Bell Boom. Just to help me make more bells to help pay off my loans. I didn't buy much and just did a lot of saving. It was helpful. Once I got my house how I wanted it, I enacted the Beautiful Town ordinance. And from there I began planting more flowers and really focusing on making my town look good. I got so tired of having to water them all manually. :)

I'm still on bell boom, & have been since I started playing at game launch.
I've not had an issue with watering flowers - even with a lot it takes me around 20mins max, water fast with the silver can, & yes I get a few wilted the next day as I miss a few. I just make sure I water hybrids.

I'm not currently after rare hybrids, I still get them on bell boom probably not as many tho. I'm not overly happy about the number of flowers the villagers plant & that increases on beautiful ordinance. Plus I'm after saving up the weeds.

I was initially surprised that although island items cost 20% more, the number of medals you get per tour didn't increase.

Additions: - if you want to sell items at the flea market, the maths change when you are on bell boom.
eg a 9 island fruit basket base price is 2250 (9x250). If you are on bell boom Reese will offer 2700.
But the flea market price does not go up by 20% so you have to multiply 2700 by 3.33 (approx.) to get the same selling price to put up the item up for sale at the flea market - 8999.
I don't do it exact, I put items up for 4x the base price less 10 bells rather than 1 bell, shrug.

I have tried selling at bell boom price x4 less one bell and the villagers say its too expensive (albeit they will sometimes buy items above their max if your friendship level is high).

Selling to Reese when an item is on premium sadly has no advantage if you are on bell boom - eg Reese will buy a Dorado for 15k, and for 18k if on bell boom, but if the Dorado is on premium you still get 'just' 30k whether you are on bell boom or not.

There are no bell boom benefits when you sell turnips.

On the whole it doesn't look that good for bell boom, however I like it, I rack up the bells quickly, and not over fond of all the flowers villagers plant. I'll move over to beautiful ordinance when I make a concerted effort to breed blue roses.

oh god, this post makes me think about perhaps in future games no beautiful town ordinance.... the horror!

But man, god bless beautiful town. My town is like, 80% flowers. It just would not be possible without the ordinance!

I've not had an issue with watering flowers - even with a lot it takes me around 20mins max, water fast with the silver can, & yes I get a few wilted the next day as I miss a few. I just make sure I water hybrids.

I'm not currently after rare hybrids, I still get them on bell boom probably not as many tho. I'm not overly happy about the number of flowers the villagers plant & that increases on beautiful ordinance. Plus I'm after saving up the weeds.

I was initially surprised that although island items cost 20% more, the number of medals you get per tour didn't increase.

Additions: - if you want to sell items at the flea market, the maths change when you are on bell boom.
eg a 9 island fruit basket base price is 2250 (9x250). If you are on bell boom Reese will offer 2700.
But the flea market price does not go up by 20% so you have to multiply 2700 by 3.33 (approx.) to get the same selling price to put up the item up for sale at the flea market - 8999.
I don't do it exact, I put items up for 4x the base price less 10 bells rather than 1 bell, shrug.

I have tried selling at bell boom price x4 less one bell and the villagers say its too expensive (albeit they will sometimes buy items above their max if your friendship level is high).

Selling to Reese when an item is on premium sadly has no advantage if you are on bell boom - eg Reese will buy a Dorado for 15k, and for 18k if on bell boom, but if the Dorado is on premium you still get 'just' 30k whether you are on bell boom or not.

On the whole it doesn't look that good for bell boom, however I like it, I rack up the bells quickly, and not over fond of all the flowers villagers plant. I'll move over to beautiful ordinance when I make a concerted effort to breed blue roses.

Interesting to hear about all this from you!

One thing I have noticed, though: My villagers still were planting and watering some flowers in my town even with Bell Boom in effect, and in the same frequency as the Beautiful Ordinance - so it is still an inconvenience anyways. Not that I get too annoyed that much - I usually prune and sell those extra flowers as they plant them.

Interesting to hear about all this from you!

One thing I have noticed, though: My villagers still were planting and watering some flowers in my town even with Bell Boom in effect, and in the same frequency as the Beautiful Ordinance - so it is still an inconvenience anyways. Not that I get too annoyed that much - I usually prune and sell those extra flowers as they plant them.

Back