• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Small details you're glad you noticed?

Oh shoot.....that won't be very pleasing

Also, I like how the villagers can look down at you when you're on the beach slope. Kinda cute how they notice you very easily :3

Look up at you, too. Also very cute!

It's really small, but I've always loved Pelly clapping for you when you pay off your house loans.

Someone mentioned the piranha trying to bite you through the tank. In the saltwater room, the moray eel will also dart out of the cave and try to bite you when you walk past it.

I like how Ressetti counts the amount of times you mash your button while he's talking to you.

I just started resetting purposefully to get him to do that, and I managed to get 350 clicks lol.
He does?! I know he threatened to do it in City Folk, but if you say "Tell me!" in that game, he just yells at you some more. I need to do this now. lol

I love when you go into a villager's house really late when their lights are still on, they will be sleeping standing up and there will be little snooze bubbles coming from them. It's so cute. I also like how Nookington's store music changes when it is about to close.

If you go into their house and leave without talking to them, they won't wave. But if you do talk to them then leave, they will wave :0

Just noticed that the plants inside Town Hall are different in my towns. I had just assumed that wouldn't be something that would differ between games, but in one town I have a snake plant and a mugho bonsai. In another town I have a weeping fig and a plum bonsai. I'll need to see what my other towns have.

I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned, but I'm glad that I noticed that when you throw beans at your villagers their eyes widen. I find it so funny!

It had been awhile since I went diving. When I walked back onto the beach, my character sneezed. I forgot they did this (or shiver) when it's cold outside, so it made me smile.

After putting up with Don Resetti for months.. I accidently selected a reply that gave me an even longer speech. In doing so, it has now switched back to Sonny, who doesn't go on as long as Don.

I like when if you go in your villagers houses and they have a instrument or you have one in your house, if you play long enough they will applaud you no matter how bad you are. XD

Whenever you throw beans at the villagers or another player, they have a very brief moment of shock on their face. I love it! xD

Here's one I just noticed recently: when a passenger jumps in or out of Kapp'n's boat, there is a little splash of about four drops of water. It's so cute...:)

Sometimes the villagers will sit down in their house in a Dream town, but they have to already know you in order to see it.

a0f15a24-a04d-421c-8c68-ef76287c1d63.jpg
a8518c04-783c-4a10-b27f-e5ff89963ad5.jpg
I used to have Marshal twice.

Last edited:
A newbie observation of something I found quite cute - if a villager is watching as your character catches a fish, they will applaud your catch! Such a small detail, but it's heartwarming.

ACNL is such a positive and welcoming game, and I'm really enjoying it so far.

Back