• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Small details you're glad you noticed?

Aeikurin

Pink n' black~
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
I remembered today that very recently I realized the koi (and I think carp) in the fish museum will swim up to get air before swimming back down if you watch it for a bit. I knew about the piranha following you and stabbing at you lol (also think I saw that posted somewhere) but I never knew about the koi and carp! The detail never ceases to amaze me in this game. They really put so much thought into it :)

How about you? What are some small things you're glad you picked up?

UjzYBr7 - Imgur.jpg
I had played New Leaf for a while before I noticed that players and villagers close their eyes when they water the flowers.I know it's not a really big deal but I thought it was a nice detail to include in the game.

Last edited:
Sometimes the little yellow birds in the campsite or in front of the museum will fly away as you scare them directly into the "camera". It's so cute how they "bump" into the screen and you can see their face close up, even if it last a split second. :)

Didn't know about the koi thing! I'll definitely look at it on my museum :D
And yes, the happy watering face is so cute! ;v;

The owls in the campground at night, twisting their little heads in time with Harvey's Maracas.

When you first start a new town and Leif hasn't yet built his shop, you can walk (or run) completely around Nookling Junction.

I like how the villagers can sit on things. It's really cute to see them like that. :]

^ addition to this one

I like how villagers with high friendship will have the smiley face the whole time you sit next to them if you have high friendship. About half my town does that rn, working on making everyone my best friend ^^

^ addition to this one

I like how villagers with high friendship will have the smiley face the whole time you sit next to them if you have high friendship. About half my town does that rn, working on making everyone my best friend ^^

It makes for the cutest pictures too! <3

I really love things like hearing the ocean from your house if you're near enough, when I first got the game I didn't know that for a long while, and once I found out I loved just cranking up the volume in my house and listening to it. I also love the different sounds of the ground depending on if you're walking on grass or dirt, or sand, and how if you take your shoes off you leave bare footprint.

That villagers really love to cram themselves into the smallest spot if you forgot to path it. Glad they no longer crush paths since. Which makes my town looking like a galaxy mess but.. atleast they move "somewhat" good places.

Last edited:
i like how they wave or bow when you talk to them ( or leave their house )
it add's just a little more to the social construct and personality to the characters.

i also like that they don't plot their houses on paths anymore.
( but i wish they also didn't plot their houses on bushes, bamboo or trees )
or maybe also fowers.
and if your town if full of paths, flowers, trees, etc...
it will choose to trample ONLY flowers, since they're the easiest to come by ( in my opinion )

so i hope they do that when and if there is an update ora patch

Since I saw this thread I have been paying more attention, but I noticed this awhile ago and love to watch it. When the characters fish, especially in the river, they slowly turn as the bobber floats down the river. And today I got a screen shot of my mayor as I cast the line at the waterfall...how he looks down as the bobber goes over the waterfall. So cute!

When you first start a new town and Leif hasn't yet built his shop, you can walk (or run) completely around Nookling Junction.

I FLIPPED out when I found that out!! xD it makes you wonder why they made that accessible :O

I think it is so cute that if you blow on the screen you will blow the leaves on a dandelion or Isabelle will run faster on the start screen. I also love that villagers fall asleep on benches, and how when you dance at the campfire by Harvey, he will wave his maracas.

Last edited:
I like how Ressetti counts the amount of times you mash your button while he's talking to you.

I just started resetting purposefully to get him to do that, and I managed to get 350 clicks lol.

I'm glad I noticed today for the first time that the revolving door on T&T Emporium makes a swishing sound. :)

I only just noticed yesterday that the little bobber things on that line in the ocean move about with the waves.
I thought it was pretty neat

if your birthday is on the same day as the month (i.e November 11, 11/11) the villagers comment on it. Like "its easy to remember" and such.

I like how Ressetti counts the amount of times you mash your button while he's talking to you.

I just started resetting purposefully to get him to do that, and I managed to get 350 clicks lol.

Oh shoot.....that won't be very pleasing

Also, I like how the villagers can look down at you when you're on the beach slope. Kinda cute how they notice you very easily :3

Back