• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Do you ever feel like you're a burden to your family?

it may feel otherwise at times, and/or people may say things gthey don't really mean out of frustration or anger,
but i guarantee that none of you are burdens on your families!

(unless you're holding them captive at gunpoint or something; but even then, they wouldnt view you as a burden but rather would be thinking over how to help you to give up your criminal ways lol)

sadly yeah lol :| I wish mine would just stop caring so much like if I was still 5 year old and can't do a thing :(

i know that i am but they don't see it that way so i am very blessed by them :)

i do, and i feel pretty bad about it a lot... i used to feel like they were a burden to me, not letting me live the way i wanted or do the things i wanted, but when i look back on myself, i never really deserved any of the things i wanted so badly for no reason. they were always right. and i feel guilty a lot of the time bc as a high school senior, i'll be heading off to college less than a year and i won't see them as often ever ever again and i just regret not loving them more and for taking them for granted.

i'm trying really hard to be more appreciative of them, no matter how dysfunctional we all are

Not in a long time, but back around 2012-2013 I definitely felt that way. Even some in 2014 and 2015 especially, too.

Yep.
I've put my family through so much; at first it was my ADHD and my trouble at school when I was just a wee child. Then when I was around 11-12, I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety, which made me feel like a huge failure and disappointment. Afterwards, I got suspended for drawing an explicit picture of my teacher because he was unjust; I didn't feel an ounce of guilt for it, but my mum said she was very disappointed in me. I was hospitalised so many times in 2015 and my mum had to go to the town 45 minutes away just to visit me and I feel so bad just thinking about it. Then I was diagnosed with schizotypal (cured of depression thank God) and became very withdrawn and bitter towards everyone, especially my mum because I felt like she hated me (I'm sorry, Mum :( ). Then schizoaffective late into last year, which made me attempt suicide and come very close to actually succeeding. She hated me for that, I bet.
I've put my entire family through so much **** throughout my entire life and I feel like such a failure at life. And my mum and grandparents and sister all have to put up with it. Gawd, I hate myself just thinking about it.

Last edited:
I am and the worst part is they think mental illnesses are nonexistent and those are only people who choose to be bad. Like if I ever show any symptoms (whether it's be mentally or physically) there's no love, just yelling at me that I did that to myself. But at least I'm good enough for them to cash out my paychecks and buy themselves new luxury items.

im surprised how many people don't
just being alive i feel like a burden

I feel like that all the time.

Back