Do you ever feel like you're a burden to your family?

if anything my family is a burden to me smh

p much.

also to be honest you don't really owe you parents all the things they claim in general.. they chose to take care of you, you shouldn't have to be a burden to them just for that like they "say" sometimes.

yes. i'm also a burden to everyone around me.

yeah its usually over little things but feeling unwanted or a burden really hits me so i usually over exaggerate

it may feel otherwise at times, and/or people may say things gthey don't really mean out of frustration or anger,
but i guarantee that none of you are burdens on your families!

(unless you're holding them captive at gunpoint or something; but even then, they wouldnt view you as a burden but rather would be thinking over how to help you to give up your criminal ways lol)

Last edited:
yeah im the only one in the house that has to see a psychiatrist and i recently got suspended from my school for the rest of the semester after having a breakdown. im a burden to myself too :)

yeah bc we don't really have much money and my mom has to pay for my meds and all that on her own as well as clothing and bills and food and stuff lmao

Nope. I never asked my parents for much growing up (mostly because we never had money to spare on anything) and I moved out shortly after turning 19. I haven't asked either of them for a single thing since.

I'm not close to my blood family.
I was basically disowned by them and kicked out in my teens.
However, sometimes I do feel like a burden to my boyfriend's family. And my boyfriend. but then I remembered if I was too.much of a burden to bear they wouldn't think I was worth it!
so often times I tell myself it's okay to ask for help

wow i think all of tbt is having an existential crisis what with all these grim threads :eyes:

anyway lmao not really; they give me what i NEED and then a bit extra just cause my parents are cool & i help out a ton with the animals n cleaning n stuff
its not like i can get a job or anything yet, im only thirteen- so i have a good excuse to be spoilt : )

Back