• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Second towns?

DO you have a second town?

• Yes

Votes: 26 72.2%
  • No

Votes: 10 27.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TangledBowties

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Tasty Cake
I've been thinking of getting a second copy (digital) of acnl. I feel like it's because I want a fresh start but I also don't want to get rid of my current town.

anyway...

This has probably been asked many times before but, do you enjoy having a second town? How do you balance out having two towns? What do you use your second town for?

i have a second copy. just got it. im making it a different theme, and i am TTing with it unlike my other copy. its fun. i also bought it used so i got bells from the previous town xD

I don't have one, but have strongly considered doing so...
I've been toying with the idea of making a cycling town to help people get their dreamies. :) Not sure if I will yet though.

I do have a second town and I love it! i haven't really been playing my first town much but I'm happy knowing that it's there with all it's gold badges and lots of bells. I planned out and themed my second town way more than the first, where I've just been doing whatever whim struck me.

CyWBOrG.jpg

D0colta.jpg
I have multiple towns and I've tried different things with them like making a single species town or trying different themes.It keeps the game from getting boring and I've learned a lot from being able to experiment a bit.

I have three and, yes, I enjoy them all.
Two are towns I'm developing (though focused on one more atm). Third town is more tting, storage, flower breeding, giveaway/catalog event, misc town...
I like being able to do different themes between the two I currently am developing. I like being able to streetpass myself lol and trade between towns, do signatures, have more perfect fruits, tons of storage, more villagers, etc.

Three active towns is my limit as far as quality of play - my fourth is on hiatus while I work on the others. I like having different towns with different themes and a variety of villagers and being able to travel between them. I usually have in mind set things to do in each town each day and stick to that so it doesn't get overwhelming. I don't know, that kind of juggling is just fun for me.

I have two towns and play on both daily, or at least try to. One has fairytale pwps and the other, zen; one has ever changing villagers, other has a fixed set; one has random human characters based on me, the other has a story and the characters are part of it. So, yes, second towns are great - you can experience a lot more, it's like playing a whole different game. :)

Yes I do, but it's really hard to keep up with two towns at the same time. I haven't checked on Valo in a while, since I've started playing again, because I am trying to get Salem as complete as I can before I try working on two towns at once.

I had an extra copy of New Leaf I got on sale once to make a second town. I accidentally destroyed one of my bridges thinking I could put another one in the same space, but Isabelle refused! It made walking to the other side of my town super long as I couldn't put it anywhere because something was always in the way. It made me so mad I quit playing that town for almost a year. So I bought the second copy to make a new town. Although, it didn't go so well. I hadn't realized how long it really took to get my original town the way it was. At that point in time I had spent nearly 500 hours on my old one. I gave up after a month of playing on the new one. I missed my old villagers... And when Welcome Amiibo came out I returned to my old one. I recently deleted everything off the second copy and plan on giving it to my sister if she can ever find her 3DS... Having a second town was nice, but I wasn't ready to invest the time into making it as great as my first one. :)

I wouldn't have a second town. If you could choose between many types of landscapes (desert, mountain, forest) and more kinds of PWPs probably I would. The way it is now, it's quite repetitive so it'd annoy me even more with another town.

Last edited:
I have a second town. Actually, I have four. Can be kind of a pain keeping up with them, but I tend to stop playing certain towns once I stop a villager from leaving. So that makes it more doable, only having one town at a time to deal with.

I don't have a second town, but I would like one. I like the dogs so much, I want a town with nothing but dogs, as a little side project (I have all their amiibo cards).

If a Switch version isn't announced for 2018, then I'll treat myself to a new copy and have my Dogtown. ;)

I have 4 physical copies and 1 digital copy, I just usually stay on one of them at a time. Besides once you stop a villager from planning to move, you don't have nothing to worry about as long as you don't log back into the town the next day.
Good thing too, because Miitopia and Tomodachi life are taking over my life right now!

Back