• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Theory: Rover has long term memory loss

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Pink Candy
Blue Candy
Green Candy
Red Candy
Yellow Candy
I found this interesting theory on tumblr.

Apparently, Rover canonically has long term memory loss and just forgets where he lives sometimes.
That's probably why he's on the trains so much. He has no idea where he is or where he?s going.

tumblr_owy5k8ltST1r523jio2_400.jpg

tumblr_owy5k8ltST1r523jio3_400.jpg

I now feel sorry for him. ;v;
He still irritates me a little with all the long chatting while I plot reset though. ;v;

Aww I never thought about that ;-; He's looking for home, probably gets lonely. Poor guy :(

Aww. Now this is sad! But it totally makes sense. I feel bad for hating him. X.X

If you think about it...In the frist Animal Crossing game, which came out in 2001, he's already on a
train when you meet him. And let's say he already had long term memory loss back then, that means
that poor guy traveling around on trains and buses (if you count City Folk also) since over 15 years
now. I mean, he's always so happy when you talk with him but if you know his "backstory" and the
fact that you are maybe the only one who's talking with him since a long time...That's acutally really
sad.

Dear God this is the most depressing thread I have ever read...

...and how could anyone ever hate Rover?

I found this interesting theory on tumblr.

Apparently, Rover canonically has long term memory loss and just forgets where he lives sometimes.
That's probably why he's on the trains so much. He has no idea where he is or where he’s going.

View attachment 209950

View attachment 209951

I now feel sorry for him. ;v;
He still irritates me a little with all the long chatting while I plot reset though. ;v;

Maybe the poor lil guy is still looking for that perfect map. (Just like the rest, or most, of us.)

That's just too sad for me. :( We need to help him find home. ;-;

We need to ask Nintendo to make it so in the mobile game coming out in a few months, Rover moves into our town and like, helps us out with stuff because now I feel so depressed... It's like some sort of feeling I didn't even know I had... I can care about a fictional character... My whole life is a lie ;-;

This is a Pretty Depressing Theory! But it make's sense, since he's alway's on the Train's and the Bus on City Folk! :(

Now that is a slippery slope, my dear. x)

Well, I mean, I gat attached to book characters... They're cats but whatever...... I just have never gotten to attached to a video game character (other than Tangy-- not even Marshal)... Rover literally breaks every rule in my brain...

Back