What is your favorite book/series?

Swenivar

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
H y'all! I'm just curious as to my what my fellow TBTer's favorite series or book is! (You can put both!) My favorite book would have to be History Is All You Left Me by Adam Silvera My favorite book series would have to be The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer! (Two very different genre's. :p)
Anyway, post away!

my favorite book series ever has been a series of unfortunate events ever since i read the whole thing back in fourth or fifth grade. i seriously could not put any of those books down. lemony snicket is such an awesome author.

I guess it has to be the Maximum Ride series. Even though the writing is subpar at best with the plot going downhill after the the third novel and the characters acting OCC half the time. But it was the only series that I adored as a child, and it helped me connect with my sisters.

I don't read a lot of series, but if I have to mention a couple I'd name Almost Transparent Blue by Ryu Murakami, and The Book of Disquiet by Fernando Pessoa.

I'd probably say the Reckoner series, I love this sci-fi+post-apoc feel :p

Infected by Andrea Speed. It's not amazingly well-written, which is my one gripe with it (well okay two but the other is a huge spoiler), but her dialogue and story-telling more than makes up for it. It combines everything I love into one book series. It's an eight book mystery paranormal series set in a society that deals with the effects of a werecat virus (which has spread similarly to HIV); with LGBT aspects that compliment without dominating the story; weird wanna-be cat cults; and hey I may just be a little biased at seeing a red-haired protagonist of Scottish ancestry. Roan McKichan and Paris Lehane are by far my favourite fictional couple of all time. Heck, Roan is my favourite fictional character hands down. It's because of this series I began reading as heavily as I do (50+ books a year).

Speed is now writing a spin-off series, Mean Streets, focusing on a recurring member of the cast Holden Krause. Given that he was my favourite character after Roan I am finding the wait for book two difficult!

My favourite book however is a tie between Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell and Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami.

My favourite book however is a tie between Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell and Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami.
Wow, these two are my favorites too. More so with Kafka on the Shore for a more casual pick-up, but 1984 is something everyone should read for sure.

Wow, these two are my favorites too. More so with Kafka on the Shore for a more casual pick-up, but 1984 is something everyone should read for sure.

Still gonna go with Norwegian Wood here, for the cries and that I love stuff set in that era. I really liked 1Q84 when I read it but now it's just some annoying sentimental mess for me. I mean, the story would have been nice if the two main characters and their stories hadn't been so cheesy made throughout the pages...

Last edited:
i haven't been reading any new series lately, but i really liked "animal farm" by george orwell, "all the light we cannot see" by anthony doerr, and "i'll give you the sun" by jandy nelson. the second one had really nice imagery and the way the author wrote was really pretty (if that makes any sense). "i'll give you the sun" is a cute YA book that is pretty good for anyone with mushy feelings (me)!

really love Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter. Basic I know, but you can't beat classics!

As a student of Germanistics, I like German authors like Kafka, Schiller and Goethe... For Harry Potter fans, I'd like to suggest Cornelia Funke's "Inkheart", I love it! Another obvious classic I like is Michael Ende's "Neverending Story" =)

I loved the Lunar Chronicles! I still haven't read the one about the queen that's like a prequel, but I'll probably re-read all of the books before I do since it's been a while and I've forgotten a lot of stuff.

My favorite book is The Talisman by Stephen King and Peter Straub, and my favorite series are the Dark Tower series by Stephen King, pretty much anything Tamora Pierce wrote (I favor her Tortall series especially books about Daine, but I looove the Circle of Magic characters *especially* Trisana and Briar), and the Abhorsen series by Garth Nix.

the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy is probably my all-time favourite! I also read life of pi a couple months ago, which I really really liked.

Back