• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What is your favorite book/series?

hmm. my favorite books are a little life by hanya yanagihara, highly illogical behavior by john corey whaley, and call me by your name by andr? aciman. i don't really like reading series, standalone books are much better in my opinion.

mortal instruments, infernal devices, and the enemy series? idk if it has a specific name, but the first book is called the enemy. and maybe possibly the selection series? idk i like lots of books.

my favorite book series ever has been a series of unfortunate events ever since i read the whole thing back in fourth or fifth grade. i seriously could not put any of those books down. lemony snicket is such an awesome author.

I'm getting the ASoUE prequel, "All The Wrong Questions", for Christmas. :)

ALSO
I have too many favourite book series: The Maze Runner, Harry Potter, The 5th Wave, ASoUE, The Hunger Games.

My favourite books are primarily Stephen King books (The Dead Zone, Pet Sematary (yeah, that spelling makes me cringe, too), The Shining (which I'm currently reading), Rage, and The Running Man). But I do have another few favourites that aren't Stephen King: Sue Klebold's "A Mother's Reckoning", Robert Cormier's "The Chocolate War", Robert Bloch's "Psycho", (can't remember the authors' names) but "Born Or Bred? Martin Bryant: The Making of a Mass Murderer".
I have way too many favourite books jesus h christ ;-;

My favorite book series has to be The Saga of Darren Shan. That and Harry Potter are the only two series I was able to complete, now I don't really have time to read but I'd love to get back into it!

The Holmes on the Range series is really good. I haven't read the last one even though I have it, since they author brought back this female character that I don't like. She's well written and all that, but I don't like reading about women generaly, give me preteens or 50 year olds.
The Mrs. Pollifax Series is awesome, they're about a late 50 year old grandmother who accidentally becomes one of the best and adaptable spies the CIA.
Books by G.A Henty and Rider Haggard are good too.

If I had to name a favorite book I'd go with IT by Stephen King, but if you ask me all his books are great. I'm not sure about my favorite book series...I know a few years back I started reading the Survivors series by Erin Hunter, and I remember enjoying the books. I wouldn't say it's my favorite series though. I guess I don't have a favorite book series.

The Plague Dogs, by Richard Adams.

These snippets from a goodreads member's review that I've always liked are spot on ?

"I hated this book. I will never read it again, ever, as long as I live. And it absolutely deserves five stars.

The Plague Dogs is one of the most visceral, wrenching, emotional reads you'll ever find. It follows the fortunes of two dogs, Snitter and Rowf, who escape from a medical testing lab. In an attempt to cover up the unnecessary nature of the research done there, the humans running the lab start a media scare about the dogs, claiming that they carry a serious virus which may kill humans. In this way, the dogs find themselves effectively on their own, without a person to turn to for help or kindness.

It's an emotionally grinding book, bleak and ultimately painful. The final scene is tragic and still brings tears to my eyes as I remember it, more than fifteen years after reading the novel.

It's the kind of story that, once you've visited it a single time, will remain with you, powerfully, for life. And for that, along with Adams' gorgeous writing and deft storytelling, it deserves five stars and more."

Nearly all of my favourite books are part of a series. My favourite series is probably Harry Potter, but I also really like the Hunger Games, the City of Ember, the Maze Runner, the Blackthorn Key, Masterminds, I Am Number Four, and the Keys to the Kingdom series. As for standalone books, I don't remember many that I've read that haven't been turned into series, but I really like Speak.

catcher in the rye! read it in 7th grade and have owned multiple copies that ive worn out with many, many readings.

also the woman warrior by maxine hong kingston and ofc the absolute classic that is the great gatsby.

I enjoyed the Hunger Games series a lot tbh, and I also loooved The Book Thief.

My favorite book series is Artemis Fowl. It is about a teenage criminal mastermind who discovers fairies. And it totally sounds weird when you say it like that. lol He is just so clever and I like how he outsmarts his enemies.

I am currently reading the Throne of Glass series and this one is really interesting too. I like any YA fantasy really.

The Midnight Twins Series & The Twilight Series (I know say what you want lol) My favorite book from TMT is the first book "The Midnight Twins." and from Twilight "Breaking Dawn."

My favorite book series is Artemis Fowl. It is about a teenage criminal mastermind who discovers fairies. And it totally sounds weird when you say it like that. lol He is just so clever and I like how he outsmarts his enemies.

I am currently reading the Throne of Glass series and this one is really interesting too. I like any YA fantasy really.

Oh man I used to be obsessed with Artemis Fowl way back like, 6th-7th grade maybe idk around there. They are good though and better than most fantasy for youngsters imo.

I hardly ever read, but I have read a few books by Stephen King and John Steinbeck. Both are pretty good, but the latter I like more simply because of the elaborate detail in his writing.

I liked reading The Grapes of Wrath, but it was hell getting through it cause the book is like 600 pages long... also prob because I read it for a summer reading assignment for Honors English. I think if I read it again, without having to constantly take notes, I'd enjoy it more.

I really loved the Outsiders from S.E Hinton. But I am torn when it comes to series...I really loved reading the Eragon series...and yes even Twilight...books are way better though. But I am starting to branch out a bit.

When I was in elementary school I really enjoyed the Wayside School books because it was funny such as when a teacher turned students into apples or when mathematics were adding and subtracting words instead of numbers.

my all time favourite book is definitely the hobbit, closely followed by the fellowship of the ring and the order of the phoenix (chapter through the veil did NOT happen we were all just mass hallucinating it) so you can guess what my favourite series are: lotr and hp!
i also really like the name of the wind and six of crows aaaand the secret history! also literally anything by agatha christie

Last edited:
Back