• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

If learning any, what languages are you learning?

What Languages Are You Learning?

• English

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Spanish

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • French

Votes: 14 41.2%
  • German

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Japanese

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Korean

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Mandarin or Cantonese Chinese

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Russian

• Dutch

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Danish

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Norwegian

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Swedish

• Icelandic

• Swahili

• Arabic

• Finnish

• Czech

• Hindi

• Punjabi

• Greek

• Latin

• Bosnian

• Total voters
French. It's so hard to learn because my french teacher teaches by speaking french, but she talks so fast I can barely understand her.
I'm surprised I have a A- and its almost the end of my first quarter...

I'm currently learning basic French. It's pretty simple so far, especially since I also know basic Spanish and understand the basic conjugation, verbs, etc

Spanish for school, and Korean in my own time

- - - Post Merge - - -

Who tf is learning Bosnian

I study German as an additional module at university. :)

In the past I've also studied 7yrs each of French and Spanish. I've self-studied Japanese in the past and took a short course in Korean over the summer. I'd really love to learn (more) Czech or study Russian in the near future.

Spanish for school, and Korean in my own time

- - - Post Merge - - -

Who tf is learning Bosnian

I added it mainly because there is a huge Bosnian population where I live and some people are trying to learn their mother tounge so I just added it

I'm forced to take a language to graduate so...currently in Spanish 3.

Italian is the one I'm working on in duolingo right now. Not in the poll though. :/

I've learned English, French and Spanish in school (German being my first language), but besides English I haven't used them in years and definitely need to expose myself to the language if I want to speak them as fluently as English. I started teaching my niece some French and she loves it, so I hope I can rehash it in the future by helping her prepare for it.

I really want to learn Polish as well since half of my family is from there and a lot of people speak it in my area. I've downloaded Duolingo because of this, but I'm really not good at keeping up with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
im trying to learn french kinda?? i started a long time ago and never really got into it but i know some words

I'm currently learning Spanish! This year will be my second year of taking Spanish.

I guess you could say that I'm also learning Vietnamese, but my teachers barely teach us anything. I'm good at speaking Vietnamese, but I'm bad at writing it.

Last edited:
I've studied German, and Russian.

i can talk dirty in Spanish.

oh yeh i studied Swedish for a little bit but I was always accidentally inserting German words by mistake. :rolleyes:

- - - Post Merge - - -

ay ur poll omitted Welsh, and Cherokee...

I've spoken English my entire life but I'm still learning.
Also slowly learning French in small increments when I get motivation. -_-

you left out portuguese darn it :p trying to teach myself some basics of that thru music and stuffs but yeah the grammar is just..bruh

Ok so you have no option for "Other" but you have an option for "Bosnian", what kind of person would want to learn Bosnian unless you lived nearby to Bosnia and Herzagovina? You have "Bosnian" but not "Italian" or "Portuguese".

I am learning Portuguese currently. I know some alphabets from languages I'm not even learning, like Greek, Russian, and Korean, and learning the Hindi and Hebrew alphabets.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I added it mainly because there is a huge Bosnian population where I live and some people are trying to learn their mother tounge so I just added it

Oh, that makes sense. But you still didn't add Portuguese or Italian how dare you.

I'm taking Spanish in school. I had been learning Japanese and Korean on my own but now I no longer have time for it...

im learning German and I'm actually going abroad to Germany next semester. I have tried to learn french in the past, and I want to learn Spanish

Ok so you have no option for "Other" but you have an option for "Bosnian", what kind of person would want to learn Bosnian unless you lived nearby to Bosnia and Herzagovina? You have "Bosnian" but not "Italian" or "Portuguese".

I am learning Portuguese currently. I know some alphabets from languages I'm not even learning, like Greek, Russian, and Korean, and learning the Hindi and Hebrew alphabets.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh, that makes sense. But you still didn't add Portuguese or Italian how dare you.

Idk if it was really warranted to be rude about it. People forget things and I doubt you’re an exception

Back