• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

i need a little help

You have to make another new character to plot reset. You theoretically could use your mayor to go back 1 day but if you go back too far then the villager can plot in and that's why I like to use a new character to scout when I go back as well.

is 2 days to far ?

I think it is. You want to move back to the day you asked them to move, or if they're a random move in then the day before. This is because if the game catches you moving on a date earlier than your last save it will treat it as though you've gone forward one day and move in the villager's plot. But if it registers the same day as the last save it will assume it's still that day and won't move in the villager, leaving you to cover up the spots.

i went to a other person's village on the 19th this month and asked Chevre to move to my town.
where i live it is now 21st 01:54

If you played on the 20th then don't go back to the 19th. But if you haven't played since the 19th you'll be fine setting your 3ds clock to then. I think.

well i have been plot resetting since yesterday ( the 20th )
so how many hour do i have to go back ?
( it's now 02:33 as i was writing this )

The time doesn't matter as long as it's past 6am. You can go back to the 19th, as you never saved the game on the 20th.

so i can go to the 19th.
start as my mayor character.
place patherns on all the places i don't want a villager to place his/her house and save.

and tomorrow plot reset ?

so i can go to the 19th.
start as my mayor character.
place patherns on all the places i don't want a villager to place his/her house and save.

and tomorrow plot reset ?

Yes, as long as you haven't played as your mayor you can go back. If you have played on your mayor - even if you didn't save, you can't go back.

New characters are completely different from the mayor or any existing character in the town, but your game does track logins, even if it doesn't SAVE your actual activities, the log in is saved.

So basically, if you only plot reset, and never logged in on an existing character, yes you can go back.

Yes. You may want to first have a new character scout on the 19th. You don't need to save as them, but it's what I do so there aren't any unfortunate mistakes. After checking to make sure they're not moving in, load up the mayor character and place your patterns. Save. Then change the date again and plot reset with a new character. Make sure you change the date using the 3ds settings, not via Isabelle.

so i just set my date back 2 days.
but the house is still there.
( moving around after each plot reset )

why is it that it's still here ?

so i just set my date back 2 days.
but the house is still there.
( moving around after each plot reset )

why is it that it's still here ?

well since we're dealing with multiple days here, I've no clue. try go back one more day, and start on a new character to see if its still there on that day

If its not not, don't save, but login on your main character, and set down the designs. If it is there- I have no idea man

i really start to hate Chevre now...
she still won't just go on the plot i have for her.
the are only 6 ''tiles'' possible for her to set her plot.
and for 2 days straight now, she just doesn't was to move on the plot i have reserved for it.

any advice on forcing her to move on the plot ?
( i can't place patherns right now cause i can't play as my mayor character now. )
or do i have just REALLY bad luck with it right now ?

Yikes, if it's been 2 days maybe the place you want her to go into isn't an legible plot... is the acre rule being respected? Is there enough space apart from rocks, pwps, etc? Poor Chevre... x) (She plotted on the correct place in my town after 2 tries ;v;)

the plot i'm trying to get her in already has had a villager live on that exact same spot.
so i know for a fact she can plot there.

there is literally only a 1 in 6 chance of her moving there, so chances are relativity big.
but she just won't go there

the plot i'm trying to get her in already has had a villager live on that exact same spot.
so i know for a fact she can plot there.

there is literally only a 1 in 6 chance of her moving there, so chances are relativity big.
but she just won't go there

Hasn't any other building or PWP been added after said villager moved out?
If not, I really don't know what to say... 1/6 is a big chance... good luck getting her there. :(

as you can see on the pictures i posted of that spot.
there are no:
- rivers/ponds
- PWP
- rocks
- whatever...
in the way.
its a 3x3 grid. and in the middle it's 4 spaces vertically.

she just moved literally 2 spaces away from where i want her.
and before that is was the same spot 8 times in a row.

i've got some REAL bad luck here...

- - - Post Merge - - -

Really Chevre...
1508624117228.jpg
Really ?

Yes.
Protect the flowers from the evil clutches of Monty's house. He has killed them all.
O wait sorry that's my town.

.....just protect the flowers. Put a fence, or a lightpost, or anything in the middle of them.
Wait you WANT a villager house to trample the flowers? Ok then... Don't listen to me I'm just rambling now,

If you're giving her 6 spaces to choose from and she's not choosing the right one, I'd narrow her options.

It's just terrible luck. Keep trying. My longest plot reset lasted 367 tries, so don't give up hope. Keep trying, plot resetting can be tricky.

Back