• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What's your fav art style?

Art Style?

• All-out realistic

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Semi-realistic

Votes: 23 41.1%
  • Chibi

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Whatever...

Votes: 12 21.4%
  • Other that isn't on here (explain in comments)

Votes: 12 21.4%

• Total voters
I'm really into realistic stippling lately, nothing plotted too extravagantly. I think using little dots is such an interesting concept and look.

I've always loved chibis. However semi-realistic is very close to chibis on my fave art style list.

for painting (which is what i do) i like realistic or like impressionist stuff
I absolutely hate modern art/abstract art

I think vintage art like "rubber hose" cartoon style is really charming.

Last edited:
had no idea chibi was an art style now...:)
i like semi realism but not like the typical styles of those super popular dA artists if uk wat i mean

was reading this thread and saw surrealism, also love love love that one

ed2: i also do like anime when im commissioning people. dont think id be able to commission anyone for something semi-realistic/surrealistic

Last edited:
i still like chibis haha, but i've been really loving the semi-realistic art style lately :)

I guess semi-realistic?

I'm not into the cutesy stuff that most people on here seem to be really fond of. It's part of the reason I don't share my own artwork haha.

I'm not a fan of chibis and realistic is meh so I guess I like semi-realistic

I really enjoy looking for chibi and semi realistic art
If you guys were looking for more I could recommend ff artist Aoi Ogata, Magion02, ilya kuvshinov, Guweiz, Notxela, Loish, Qinni and Mochiaano

I really love the american cartoon style. Stuff like steven universe or svtfoe. Not really a fan of realistic art or anime styled things

I mostly enjoy semi-realistic styles because they help maintain general accuracy while still allowing the artist to add their own flair to it and really make the art their own, but if done right, all styles look great, it really comes down to the artist and their talent to really make an art style or piece of art look great

Back