• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What's your fav art style?

Art Style?

• All-out realistic

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Semi-realistic

Votes: 23 41.1%
  • Chibi

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Whatever...

Votes: 12 21.4%
  • Other that isn't on here (explain in comments)

Votes: 12 21.4%

• Total voters

EvieEvening23

Queen of Ducks
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
May Birthstone (Emerald)
April Birthstone (Diamond)
March Birthstone (Aquamarine)
February Birthstone (Amethyst)
January Birthstone (Garnet)
not sure where this is supposed to go. I just want to hear people's opinions on which one they like, not if I should draw those types of styles. If it's in the wrong place, I would like it to be moved.

---

Just curious. Do you like all-out realistic? Clean semi-realistic? Cute chibi? Or whatever? If you like two styles equally or like a certain style that isn't on here, why?

I personally like semi-realistic but chibi is a close second.

Voted "whatever" because I like all art styles pretty much. As long as they're done right that is.

I enjoy a vast variety of art styles so I have no preference really. Though I really like Chibi and anime styles.

Stuff like Tadanori Yokoo and whatnot ero-guro things.. Not sure I should post here since that style tend to be quite NSFW but if you are at home and of age go ahead and google him/art styles^^

Last edited:
i typically fanboy over semi-realistic styles : o
if thats what you call cherriielle's art B)
i like all styles tho in a way

I love realistic and semi-realistic, but it's a shame you don't see them round too often :( I really love hosaeok, yonkorin, yummei, and ardrey's styles predominantly. However, I also love more anime style art, like riummi's, but I'd even yeLL about chibis if the style is right tbh
So yeah realistic > semi-realistic > anime-ish style > chibi. I'd buy them all though lmfao... cartoon style (like out of a comic book or whatever) is my least favourite though

(Oh yeah, and I voted for semi-realistic because it's kinda hard to get a fully realistic drawing of your OC, haha, and I don't buy them as much :( )

Last edited:
realism is boring but it's impressive. chibis are only for like .... comics or small sketches.. if all you ever draw is chibis that's kinda meh imo
i like semi realistic and abstract stuff a lot. realistic uh shapes or whatever can be great if there are some more abstract or interesting things about it too.

When I was younger I was all about chibis, but I'm not as crazy about them anymore haha.

Now I really adore realistic paintings with a touch of impressionism. Some of my favourite artists are Richard Schmid, Jeremy Lipking, Klimt, and Jeremy Mann.

When I was younger I was all about chibis, but I'm not as crazy about them anymore haha.

Now I really adore realistic paintings with a touch of impressionism. Some of my favourite artists are Richard Schmid, Jeremy Lipking, Klimt, and Jeremy Mann.

Yes, Gustav Klimt is awesome <3 yes I loved Elfen Lied don't bully me lol

Any style can look good, as long as it's executed with high technical skill.

I like a lot of manga art. I especially like when the features like the face are cartoonish and simple, and contrast with semi realistic hands/anatomy- >like this<

But I like how just cartoonish the whole image is, with the huge hand size and the delicate colours...

Which is to say, I like cartoonish images that are rendered with techniques generally used in realism- which is why I love kawayoo!

I think this >one< sortof exemplifies what I love. The combo of realistic -ish colouring techniques with wacky cartoon anatomy gives dream like quality....

But outside of more modern stuff, illustrators like Ivan Bilbin and Harry Clarke spring to mind. I essentially love anything dream like. Yo****aka Amano also has a wonderful dream like quality, like the last two.

Also, while its not really a style, I love cross hatch, Artists like Kentaro Miura and Takehiko Inoue make me want to vomit, they are too talented....

Actually on the topic of manga artists, I particularly love shoujo art, for its long slender limbs.... again, basically combining all these different visual elements, and creating something really like a dream, that is the kind of art that comforts me.

Now I'm going to sleep, all this thinking about art, makes me want to sleep :p

Edit : oh no... They censored my boys name... what I meant to say was 天野 喜孝 :p

Last edited:
i like semi-realism and simple cartoon/anime styles it cell shading

I like all types of art, but when it comes to drawing, I usually draw chibi style. (not that I'm any good at it though....)

I don't know what art style my siggy is, but I love it.
I wanted to vote Chibi and semi-realistic but it's not multiple choice.
All-out realistic, eh...

I really like semi-realistic kind of soft/painty stuff with either super thin lines, or super thick and soft lines. really stylized, cartoony stuff is neat too!

I don't know much about professional artists, but I really like artwork by Ardrey, Whispwill, Kawanocy, Qinniart, and Michiroon.

Back