• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

This game should be called 'Wait a Day'

HappyTails

On Indefinite Hiatus
Orange 🍊
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Everything you do in this game, you wait a day.

Finish paying off PwP, you wait a day for it to get built
Planted some trees, you wait a day to see if they are dead spots
Cancel a PwP you wait a day while Isabelle files 'paperwork'
Tearing down a project, you wait a day for it to demolished
Changing your house exterior or upgrading/adding a room? You wait a day for to it's completion
Villager moving out? You wait about 14 day for them to actually leave
Wait a day for the construction of your T&T Mart, Super T&T, T.I.Y and Emporium upgrades
Wait a day for gifts or paintings you receive from Redd or Gulliver.

This is not a game for someone with no patience. Unless you time travel, which I don't.

I mean I guess it's supposed to be a somewhat realistic game? At least they don't make us wait the actual amount of days it takes a tree to grow.

I actually don't mind waiting for things in this game, and I'm a pretty impatient person. Gives me something to look forward to the next day.

This game is considered a real-time simulation - and truth be told, much stuff in real life could also be called 'wait a day' as well...

That said, I've heard of a game called Stardew Valley, which mainly took inspiration from Harvest Moon, and has much faster season changes. Many people like how there's so much going on to do in that game, but the growing seasons go by fast enough that you're really on the clock to do it all. This might be fun, but this can remove the relaxing feel Animal Crossing has upon playing day by day.

Why are people so scared to tt

I had no problems with it... So far.

Last edited:
I really like this element of the game? Waiting one day isn't very long, and I like that every time I load up my game, I've got something to look forward to from the previous day. It's really cool to save and quit knowing that I've accomplished things that will take effect the next time I play.

I like waiting because if I don't have anything in life to look forward to the next day, I have animal crossing.
"Moe is gonna be unpacked tomorrow!"
Plus, I'd think it would be boring too quick if things happened within a few hours of the same day.

You'll soon realize why this game makes you wait lol.

When you do everything in a short amount of time, you easily get left with the "what now?" feeling soon after you did all you had to do. It's much better to do whatever tasks you need to do in your animal crossing day, and have something to look forward to the next day, than have everything done at once, and be like sooooo now what am I gonna do lol

This game should be named after the Stephen King book, "Needful Things"..

A bunch of pathetic, needy, useless leeches.

Villager moving out? You wait about 14 day for them to actually leave

This is not a game for someone with no patience. Unless you time travel, which I don't.
When had it been 4 extra days for villagers to move?

It's the reason why I TT. I can't wait for a day or two for something that's important. (/._.)/
Besides that, I can wait for a tree to grow or a pwp to be built.

Put an addition on your house in real life. It takes a lot longer than one day. For a tree to grow and bear fruit takes years, not a couple of days. All things being equal, waiting until tomorrow isn't that terrible.

Last edited:
Back