• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Any weird glitches have people seen?

Fluffy Fox Of Fate

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
November Birthstone (Topaz)
New Leaf Token
Green Candy
Red Cosmos
A while back I had a weird thing that happened to one of my fruit trees. The tree only had one orange on it instead of the normal three. When I shook the tree two of the fruit just appeared on the ground without doing the dropping off the tree animation. I have no idea what happened that made it do that, the only thing that would be different about that tree was I had just planted it and it finally grew up.
I haven't had anything like that happen since, which I'm glad since it was creepy to see.

Have any of you seen this glitch, or just any glitches in general?

y2WgdWp - Imgur.jpg
I was digging holes near Sheldon while he was standing right next to the river bank.I dug a hole right in front of him and it pushed him back a bit and made him get stuck leaning backwards over the river.He stayed like that until I bumped into him several minutes later.

Last edited:
^^ omg that's crazy. (ahh i miss sheldon he was in my original town that i reset)

one glitch i experienced was in a friend's town when 2 ppl managed to sit on the same rock and intercepted lmao. i have pics of it on my ds i think. if i remember later i'll get them on here somehow

View attachment 209924
I was digging holes near Sheldon while he was standing right next to the river bank.I dug a hole right in front of him and it pushed him back a bit and made him get stuck leaning backwards over the river.He stayed like that until I bumped into him several minutes later.

Wow he's really keeping his cool while hanging on!!

I get that glitch occasionally when villagers get stuck with a certain facial expression, like sadness or with their mouth open etc. It's really strange, especially when they're just walking around as usual with a gaping open mouth lol.

Not much than bad stuff happens and the game doesn't register RV orders. Haven't seen anything fun since update though :p

Seen the tree bug with perfect fruit where only two are on the tree. Leaving and re-entering the area fixes it.

All I've really had are some graphical bugs such as black horizontal lines on the ground - nothing much of interest. Also the bug where it takes, like, five minutes to save. That one's fun.

I had the fruit thing happen, it was odd, I have pictures too.
One fruit on the tree.HNI_0030.JPG
And 3 on the ground.HNI_0031.JPG

Last edited:
It's been a very long time since I played (It was before the Amiibo update), but I remember sometimes the facial expressions of villagers would stick. It even happened to Isabelle during an event once. This has also happened to me in Happy Home Designer before.

Back