• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Fun things to do with a second cartridge?

Cryptade

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Jingle Christmas Doll
Apple (Fruit)
Peach (Fruit)
It makes me a little sad that you can only have one town per cartridge. I always end up getting bored of the town after playing on in for a while then end up resetting. I was thinking maybe get a second one to just kinda take a break from the main and mess around in for if i'm bored/for extra resources and villagers and my main one will be serious and i try to collect and do everything.
I'm already planning on restarting my current one, I'm not too worried about it since I ordered some Amiibo cards of a couple dreamies that I could afford that are in the town currently. But i really like for my next one to be one i keep in the long run, or even try to complete.

It may even be fun to have some irl friends make their own houses in my second one and my main one be personal!

Do you have a second cartridge (or maybe more?) and do you do anything differently from your other(s)?
I'm really curious so I can have more reason and ideas for when I decide to get another.

I'm a little hesitant mainly because I really want to save money and see if an Animal Crossing for the Switch comes out and how that bodes.

Slightly irrelevant, but I really hope amiibo cards work on it as well and helps move in villagers like in Welcome Amiibo.

Last edited:
i just got a second copy of the game. im making a different theme and TTing in the second one. my main town i dont TT and just kinda play it slower?

I got a second game because I couldn't see myself letting go of my main town. I put a lot of work into it even though I ended up not liking it so much, but I love all my dreamies in it so I kept it as is and change things here and there.

In my second town I made it more to my liking and I have a lot of fun on it I spend a lot of time decorating and planting.

You can make different themes for your towns, or have a second town that constantly changes so you are always up to something! c:

i just got a second copy of the game. im making a different theme and TTing in the second one. my main town i dont TT and just kinda play it slower?

Same with me to be honest. Though since my second copy already had a town still on it, I kept it ONLY for the certain things that my town don't have and will change it. But yeah, I play slower on my first game. I also time travel on my second copy to get items early. And just make some more bells, slowly. But it helps if I got a trade to do and I can instantly travel to the next day to get people their items quicker.

I bought a digital copy of New Leaf maybe like 2-3 weeks ago? I'm having trouble coming up with ideas for my second town, because every time I make a new town I end up resetting it the next day. I just made a new town like an hour ago and I hope I will have the enthusiasm to keep it.

I'm going to be time traveling and basically do all the things I wouldn't do on my main town

I bought a second cartridge and built a town that's completely different than the first one. While my first doesn't have a theme or fixed villagers, I just play how I feel like, I decided the second one would be a zen themed town with a story, characters with backgrounds, a fixed set of villagers who also have specific clothing and catchphrases... building it from the plan up is really fun and lately I feel like it's more rewarding than my first town, because making it like I envisioned sets a goal, you know?

I've been considering getting a second cartridge to be a cycling town and have another town that's completely different than my main one. I've been holding off because I don't think I have enough time to manage two towns.

I have three towns, the third town is where I take my time in (I'm waiting on villagers anyway). I'm collecting things in my first town, but I feel like I'm almost done with that one. I have three towns just because I love landscaping.

if i ever got a second cartridge i'd probably make a story out of it w/ a theme and stuff. my only game rn is just personal and i'm making it to my liking. i actually never really considered themes too much until i got on here lol. it seems like fun though! gosh, i wish video games weren't so expensive.

Back