• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

topic at school you're (or were) the worst at?

idiotdoomspiral

=__=
Apple 🍎
Persimmon 🍅
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Island
Alyse
Pink Crescent Moon
Moon Bunny
Yellow Crescent Moon
Ocean Pearl
Oarfish Head
Oarfish Body
Oarfish Body
Oarfish Tail
Silver Moon Jellyfish
Red Super Star Trophy
i think physics is pretty easy but i cannot stand talking about electricity. electric currents are the worst. i hate doing practicals that i don't understand at all like why does this wire work here and why does this red one have to go here half of the bulbs in our school don't even work so there was no point to what i just worked out with trial and error if i got unlucky and got a ****ty bulb to work with and it's just incredibly boring.

Your post gave me a good laugh. So thank you for that XD
I only just learned something interesting about pedagogy and what schools are only just now starting to pick up on.
What if I said, I'm going to teach you the 5 largest rivers in Europe. You would say: well why?
But it's not about the Greek, it's about the nature of learning. How about if I changed that to:
I'm going to teach you how to memorise and recite key information.

Far more appealing and applicable to life, right? Well I think each subject has it's own thing to teach you about how to learn things in life, problem is most teachers haven't picked up that ordinance survey skills are completely useless unless directly applicable to your life career, so why waste time teaching it up until you know you need it? But t's about teaching kids how to analyse.

To answer your question, my worst subject was probably DT. Even though I was a very meticulous child, it wasn't very easy to be meticulous - it require you to be rough and precise at the same time, so my constructions were always rubbish - I was being taught how to build things without actually being taught how to build things but it would be a much more helpful skill to know how best to achieve precise woodcutting than instruction of to put wood together in a shape.

Maths, physics, P.E, international relationships(yes this subject is real **** contrary to what it sounds like at least here).

Also, music. I had the worst teachers and the only thing they forced you to do was learn **** songs and force you to play instruments even if you couldn't for life lol. Useless subject I'm sorry not sorry.

And art. I love painting and drawing and whatnot, but my teachers were real bad and boring and were too strict following the learning plan so you couldn't really be creative or let it flow let alone a few times.

College Algebra. Failed all my exams no matter how hard I studied and barely scraped by the 50% mark due to my final exam's mark. Literally heart breaking if I failed that class. Looking back though it seems easier than I thought, but maybe that's just my ignorance talking.

Physics was almost the death of me in my GCSE year. I seriously hated my teacher as she would randomly pick on people to go up to the board and explain how an equation or theory worked, and she would move at such a fast pace that I was forever trying to catch up. The coursework was terrible too.

Personal Development & Health.
It's mostly about sports and **** and I'm so crappy at it. I get along really well with the teacher, though. He even gave me a lift home once!

Maths and Science (especially Biology) were always my worst exam results.

Maths. Words can't describe how much I hate maths.

Also, music. I had the worst teachers and the only thing they forced you to do was learn **** songs and
force you to play instruments even if you couldn't for life lol. Useless subject I'm sorry not sorry.
Ugh, I had the same problem too. My music teacher was an old lady, who was kinda weird, at least
when it came to her behavior. We had also to learn songs and of course every single student had to
sing in front of the entire class, which also then got graded. 80% of my class always refused to sing,
me included (at least most of the time). It was just the worst and I hated it to sing since I sound so
terrible (still not better). Back in primary school, I also had to learn how to play flute. Since today, I
still don't know how to play it and why we had to learn it (like, why just flute?)...

No matter how much I thought I understood biology, I always failed each topic. Also A-level math.

Maths. Words can't describe how much I hate maths.

Ugh, I had the same problem too. My music teacher was an old lady, who was kinda weird, at least
when it came to her behavior. We had also to learn songs and of course every single student had to
sing in front of the entire class, which also then got graded. 80% of my class always refused to sing,
me included (at least most of the time). It was just the worst and I hated it to sing since I sound so
terrible (still not better). Back in primary school, I also had to learn how to play flute. Since today, I
still don't know how to play it and why we had to learn it (like, why just flute?)...

I more or less had different aged teacher in music but they all sucked real nice lol (and yeah I hate maths too).

We had to "perform" with our own song at some point in groups and sing/play stuff so I was like forced to play some piano.. with my co-ordination lol

I was always worst at maths, but the lowest I got was second set let's just ignore the fact that I couldn't be bothered to revise and got like 1 out of 20 in my last test lmfAO

math and science. I think the majority of the stuff we learn in math is 100% useless, I'm not gonna go outside and be like, "oh look, xz + 2y = h, solve for z!!" I only like math when I understand what I'm doing (which is never most of the time), but eventually the topic gets harder and I lose my understanding of it

and science, I'm just not good at it because I'm not good at math. Somehow these two subjects relate, I'm better at English and History

math and science. I think the majority of the stuff we learn in math is 100% useless, I'm not gonna go outside and be like, "oh look, xz + 2y = h, solve for z!!" I only like math when I understand what I'm doing (which is never most of the time), but eventually the topic gets harder and I lose my understanding of it

and science, I'm just not good at it because I'm not good at math. Somehow these two subjects relate, I'm better at English and History

Yeah, unless you work in some area that requires that you shouldn't need to take it just in school randomly like, bruh online if you are very maths interested or can understand it it makes sense.. They shouldn't force that on you unless the HS education is specifically for like, something you wanna pursu in the future

PE cuz basically my instructors are suck man like they are really strict and they give you a god damn headache why your grades are bad

Science.

For the record, I'm now in second year of a degree in biomedical science. Enough work in a subject makes anything conquerable.

:)

maths, physics and woodwork (im so happy i don't have to do it now)
i'm too weak to saw through a piece of wood and everything is too heavy and scary and i never knew what to do because they didn't give us an instruction sheet. they would do the demonstration then expect us to remember all the measurements. sorry i can't remember every little word coming out of your mouth.

i'm currently doing gcse and i am the worst at religious studies/modern ethics simply because i never study for it and don't see it as an important class, as well as french, which is entirely down to my listening skills. wish the people on the tapes would slow their roll. it's not like they have places to be, they're pretending to talk about yoghurt with their uncle at a post office.
honestly if you ask me what i think i'm doing worst at i would say physics but it's actually one of my best grades and idk how lol

I'm in graphic design class at the moment, AND I LOVE IT. Gives me a chance to actually try out Photoshop so I can do more stuff on the forums in the future...

Back to the main topic, I would have to say English and French are my worst topics. English because I'm way too lazy to write essays and stuff so I ended up almost failing, French because my French teacher keeps speaking in almost gibberish and I can barely understand her when she speaks FRENCH. SHE BARELY GIVES US TIME TO STUDY AND JUST UNLOADS US WITH THIS MASSIVE TEST. I really want to quit but that teacher actually likes me ;-;

Back