• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

I should have bought a trash bin a long time ago!

HappyTails

On Indefinite Hiatus
Orange 🍊
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
I've had these dud tickets relaxing in my storage since August because neither Re Tail or Nooklings would take them. So on a whim, I bought a trash bin wondering if I can get rid of them with the trash bin and I can! Wish I known that a long time ago. Dud ticket taking up six spaces in my storage.

Why doesn't Re Tail or Nookling take them?

Hmm, that's odd, usually just taking them to Resse lets you just dispose of all trash items like that for a small fee, don't know why it wouldn't work now
Anyways, a trash can is always nice and handy to have on hand

Yeah, they were greyed out when I went to ReTail to try to sell them. Same with my T.I.Y.

Yeah, they were greyed out when I went to ReTail to try to sell them. Same with my T.I.Y.

Well, usually T.I.Y tends to accept less items, but I'm pretty surprised Re-tail didn't work
Hey, that's what trash cans are for though

I did find it weird that ReTail did take them. But this game hates me so it goes out of it's way to make things as annoying and inconvenient for me as possible but yep, good thing there was the trash bin.

congrats on getting rid of your tickets! (I literally had to accidentally tap it to find out) btw you can also get rid of rotten turnips and boots and trash for free if you use the trash bin.

Trash bin very useful, (& Digby has one in his RV that you can turn to red if you are into feng shui).
I just place one in an alt house & Mayor & all alts use just that one.
If you have a villager who has a trash bin you can use theirs.

The dud tickets on firework show nights: - if you offer them to Redd he will give you a sparkler or roman candle - both are saleable with Reese (but only about 30 bells). So time consuming I usually put dud tkts in the trash bin.

I love trash cans. :) Can't go without one in each house lol. I was tempted to do the pwp for outside access but...it would throw off my theme so.

The trash bins are great! I couldn't get rid of my tickets either, no one would take them. They sat in storage until a villager gave me a trash can as a present.

Ikr! I so need to get one furniture item since the PWP destroys alot to the perfect town status (although i think i kinda failed that already but the illuminated stuff is so pretty!)

when I first started my town, the first thing i bought was a trash can lol. if I didn't have a trash can, the things I needed to throw out would be left on the ground and I'd be too lazy to throw it out. The good thing though, is that I have Chief and he has a trash can in his house so I could have just used that ;)

I used to scan in Digby's RV and use his trash bin. I ended up ordering my own and had Cy-Guy customise it in red for me. Super useful. ;)

I love the trash can! I use the wooden one from Vivian's RV. Back when I had millions and was too bothered to go to retail I would throw fish and furniture away in it haha. Now I'm broke and need every bell so I no longer do that!

I built the PWP trash can before I found out about the house one. Happy when it was gone from my main town. I do keep the PWP in my guest town where I have a lot of visitors. Placed it beside the train station.

With the update it was nice to replace the orange trash can for a nice small one.
I keep one in my museum for throwing away trash that I picked up along the way. It also comes in handy when I do a big locker or museum room clean up.

I never even knew that you can have trash bins, lol. This is news to me!

I bought the one from Vivian's camper. I kind of want to build the PWP near the beach because that's where I do most of my fishing (and my house is nowhere near the beach), but I don't want to ruin my chances of perfect town status quite yet.

Doesn't building a trash bin in town make it harder to get a perfect town rating?

Apparently you can get away with having the trash bin PWP in town and still get PTS - I know of one adult player that managed it, no details & it was 2014, I guess if you have everything else right (a balance between nature & abundant living, & clean) its possible.
I didn't think you could put fish in a trash bin (post#17).

Back