• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

The Jacob's Ladder Breeding Myth

Lanstar

Orange 🍊
Lemon 🍋
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
March Birthstone (Aquamarine)
The Bell Tree World Championship 2021 Patch
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
Blue Star Fragment
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
Summer Shell
Blue Hybrid Rose
Love Ball
Blue Candy
Blue Hybrid Pansy
Okay... All around the internet, I keep hearing about this tidbit of breeding information: That if you plant Jacob's Ladder next to a pair of flowers, it will increase the chance of spawning hybrids.

However, as I have been breeding in this game, I really cannot notice any differences between having Jacob's Ladder or not. In fact, I always get the same chances with or without this flower, so I never use it. I don't even see any information online as to how people discovered this, or any sort of proper testing with a control group, so I think it is purely a Placebo.

I'm rather curious about this, and I really want real proof that the Jacob's Ladder effect is truly real instead of a superstition. Is there any true testing about this anywhere? Seriously - I think we're being led astray with this idea!

i've never heard of anything like this!! interesting :0
since there's no proof of it i'm sure it's just a myth lol

I've tried using the Ladders a few times and I agree. They don't seem to make a bit of difference. I have never done a serious study, though. Inquiring minds want to know...

I don't use jacob ladders for breeding. one, Nenya's reason. two, they take up a potential spawn spot. they just sorta hang around the cliffs rn, with my first jacob ladder to ever sprout in my town safely tucked away in my mayor's house.

Someone on TBT told me this once. I don't usually have ladders planted in my town anyway, as you can't make hybrids with them.

This was a really popular rumor especially back in 2014. I tried it for awhile but, like you said, didn't really feel there was a difference so. Makes me think of the villager dialogue when they lecture you on how easy it is for rumors to spread...

Back