• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Do NOT trust this game!!

Nenya

I hope you dance!
Apple 🍎
Lemon 🍋
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Mystery New Balloon Token
Orange Heart Balloon
Hot Cocoa
Blue Hybrid Rose
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Kapp'n Christmas Doll
Apple (Fruit)
November Birthstone (Topaz)
ぶ
I invited a new villager to move in yesterday, and she said yes. I was all set to create a new character to see where her plot was, but as I watched the opening screen, I saw a new plot in a great place. So, foolishly, I opened my game with my mayor and the plot was NOT in that spot. My mayor ran around in his pajamas looking for his villager. She is NOT in a great spot! It isn't unbelievably horrible, but NOT where I would have chosen. (I think I'll move a bridge...now! He's in the office in his pajamas demolishing that bridge that was almost right behind her house. Oh, sheesh, he has to go home and get 12,800 bells!)

(Yes, I laid down path patterns, but, like many others, missed an area next to a row of bushes.) I don't care about the bushes, or the fact that a few of my perfect pear trees are toast, or having to move a bridge. I care that the game TRICKED ME! I have been bragging that the game likes me...guess NOT!

Has anyone else been tricked by this game?

Last edited:
That's happened to me before too, though only once. After that I made sure to get on and plot reset even if the title screen showed a plot in the correct spot.

Yeah never trust the title screen, unfortunately nothing is shows is ever real :p I learned that the hard way back when I first got into Wild World

Yeah,I sent one of my villagers some new shirts to wear and in the title screen they were wearing one of the new outfits but when I started the game my villager was back to wearing the same ugly outfit that I was trying to get them out of.Another thing on the title screen that's kind of funny is that if you bury some pitfalls around a villager's house,you can watch them fall into the pitfalls and do the Angry Villager Dance but when you start the game up the pitfalls are still buried without actually being disturbed.

Yes, unfortunately the title screen does not reflect the town, which will only actually be loaded as you speak to Isabelle. I knew that from reading someone's thread here and they had the exact same problem you're having now... :(
Hopefully you'll be able to work around it! ^v^

That happened to me a while back. That pissed me off so bad I didn't even want to play the game after that. Lmao

luckily i discovered the title screen issue when i noticed that it showed someone in my campsite and when i loaded up there was no one there.. :V sorry this happened to you!

This is happened to me before. Wish the people that made ACNL would fix that. n_n

I've never understood that way to get your villagers to move somewhere you wanted, I've only done the qr patterns once and that was fine. Shame that had to happen to you though.

Yeah I figured I'd stop trusting the home screen when I kept seeing campers show up but disappear as soon as I logged on. Recently the same thing happened but with a pitfall seed - I saw Nana fall into one in the home screen, laughed at her misfortune, logged in and accidentally ran over the same crack in the ground and fell in that damn pitfall! It was like instant karma, but a humble reminder that home screens are not to be trusted.

I'm sorry that happened to you! That actually happened to me recently too. I had a villager move into a 3x3 spot I missed because it was covered in flowers :< I had everything else covered though .. I was so devastated. Good thing it wasn't somewhere too terrible though!

As other's said, the opening screen definitely doesn't show legit move ins. It's randomized before you load up the game which is why you still need to go through normal plot reset unless you are 100% with where you put the paths down.

When I start playing that game a few years ago, I didn't know that what the title screen shows you
doesn't represent the actual happening in your town, so of course I was always wondering why nobody
was on the campsite when the title screen showed me that someone is there. Same thing also happened
with new villagers and the spot for their house. It took me a while till I realized the whole thing with the
title screen. Since then I don't pay attention of what the title screen shows me, as it doesn't represent
the actual happening at all. Would be nice if they would fix this in the next AC game, as it is really irritating.

I'm sorry that this happened to you and I hope you can work around it.

Yes, it has happened to me as well. I refer to it as The Lucha Incident. Still trying to get that bird out of my town. :mad:
Sorry the game tricked you like that.

OH wow, I didn't know that the title screen was false, lol. All it would show me is my villagers coming out of their houses and walking around.

Sometimes there was the little star next to their house and I'd be like "ok go there first" and the star was still there and it was a fossil not a pitfall seed

Oh yeah, never ever trust that title screen. It's trolling you! ;)

yeah when you see the title screen for the first time the villager on the title is not in you town also the villager on the title screen can still be in there house

This has happened to me too! It's so not fair~ :c I was so happy to see Leonardo's house in a perfect place, only to get on and realize the home screen lied. He moved in the dead center of my path and it took several months to get him to leave. :/

Yeah, you can never trust the home screen, I've done the SAME thing and I was so mad, because they actually moved somewhere AWFUL. But yeah I've been tricked as well, like when I have space for a new villager but unbeknownst to me someone got voided in from a trade or something... -_-

Oh, this happens all the time to me... I hate it SO much... I once saw somebody was at my camosite and nobody was there...

Back