The never ending resetting problem

Sweetley

- Gone -
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Most of you know that problem: You want to start a new town and unfortunately, none of
the maps Rover suggests to you looks good. So what are you probably gonna do? Reset in
hope that one of the next 4 maps is the right one. Depending of what criteria you have, it
can take a while till you find the perfect map.

Now I wonder: Do you reset as long as you find a map you like? What kind of criteria you
have while looking for a map? And what was the longest you ever search for a map? Did
you ever gave up while searching?

As for me, I gonna reset as long as I finally found a map I'm happy with. I just don't wanna
pick a random map, because I know I gonna delete it once when I find something I'm not ok
with. I mostly care for the shape of the river as well as where the plaza is. These are the only
important for me while looking for a town map. I think the longst I ever search for a map was...
Almost 3 Days I think? And actually, I wanted to give up once because it was getting frustrating,
however, after a long while of searching, I finally found a map then.

So, what about you?

I care about where the river is too. I like it to split the town pretty evenly. It looks weird to me if it is off to one side and there is a random sliver of land somewhere. I tend to care about the town fruit more than the map though. I'd want a town where the perfect fruit looks cool like with apples or cherries.

I look for a peninsula or something so I won't have neighbors and I can have a yard.
Starting villagers don't matter to me since they can be replaced,(I've never understood why that was such a big deal) but better ones are good for giving away.
One big beach with a small private beach instead on two beaches.
Anything except apples or pears since I have pears and don't like the look of apples.
Only one or two ponds, in good spots and manageable rocks.
A place for the campsite that I can put cedars around.
Town hall, plaza, retail and campgrounds in one area, or in some order.
Campground off plaza.
That's pretty much it.
Considering restarting one town because I picked a bad spot for my house but I've spent 40 btb on villagers there, so I'll figure it out.

I havent really reset for a good town yet.

But when I do on my other copy of the game I will do. and I also want to get a nice river, though since I'm not too sure on the way I want it to be, I'll just see what I'm giving but one thing about the river I don't want it to give me really small bit of land because I can't do much with that. I kinda also want a private beach which would be nice as my other town doesn't have one. I'm also hoping that the plaza and town hall are in a good place and not many rocks or at least in the way or places I could use.
What I also want to do is when I get my villagers I want to keep, I wnt their houses to be at the top, very close to the railway, in a straight line, I don't know if thats possible. But in my other town, I have two houses next to each other by the railway.

I reset for an hour, my only criteria was one pond, and as even a split as possible. once I started, I then immediately looked at rock placement , and once I decided I could work with the rock placement, fruit type(don't like pear and orange) and grass type (I like circle) I started on the town..... It's not perfect but I'll never reset again ^^

It took me like 4 days and still there are things I don't like about my map: the pond's location, some rocks, the grass shape and peaches when I wanted apples.
The next time I think I'll go for a diagonal waterfall instead of vertical.

Back